How do I unclaim chairs?

At the dorm where two of my sims live, more and more of the chairs are in
use even when no one sits there. The sims will then not be able to use
the desks or computers, and instead will just stamp their feet and whine.

The only solution I have found is to set move_objects on, then sell the
chairs and buy new ones. Is there any more elegant fix?

good sign." -G

Magnus Itland wrote:
> At the dorm where two of my sims live, more and more of the chairs are
> in use even when no one sits there. The sims will then not be able to
> use the desks or computers, and instead will just stamp their feet and
> whine.
>
> The only solution I have found is to set move_objects on, then sell the
> chairs and buy new ones. Is there any more elegant fix?

nope! what is causing this for you? what are you doing?

On Mon, 13 Jun 2005 23:50:04 -0400, shannon <murf1291@adelphia.net> wrote:

> Magnus Itland wrote:
>> At the dorm where two of my sims live, more and more of the chairs are
>> in use even when no one sits there. The sims will then not be able to
>> use the desks or computers, and instead will just stamp their feet and
>> whine.
>>
>> The only solution I have found is to set move_objects on, then sell the
>> chairs and buy new ones. Is there any more elegant fix?
>>
> nope! what is causing this for you? what are you doing?

Nothing in particular. No downloads or anything, just plain Sims2
University. It is mostly in the largest dorm though. Evidently the Sims
forget to unclaim their chairs when they leave for something else, but I
don't know when or what. I only notice it when either my Sims stands
there whining or when the desks stay covered with notebooks for days on
end with 0% done. In the big dorm, there were like 3-4 chairs left
unclaimed in the end. I had played it for two generations though so it is
probably a slow process.

good sign." -G