jayjay

Distinguished
Nov 14, 2007
I had Core Temp running all day and played a game for about 3 hours when i exited the game core temp said my highest temp was 67C. Idle my temps are about 48-51C. Do you think these temps are fine or should I buy a new cpu cooler?

jayjay

Distinguished
Nov 14, 2007
I bought OEM so it didn't come with a cooler. so I used the cooler I used on my 3200+ http://www.newegg.com/product/product.aspx?item=N82E16835186019 do you think it can damage the cpu running that hot. Because I want to upgrade cooling to liquid but I just spent a couple hundred on my PC and want to wait a little to do it again.

I also washed out the cooler and vacuumed the computer out when I changed the CPU and I also used that thermal paste

First off don't go liquid unless you got $300 or more to spend on the system and money to spare for burnt out parts when it fails a good air system is the way to go, liquid is very unreliable.

Now your temps aren't super high a little on the hot side but not enough to damage anything. The lower the temps the longer the life is usually. Like CT said try redoing your thermal paste and see what happens. Also how is your case cooling are all your fans blowing the right way make sure because if the rear fan isn't exhausting air out your CPU will not cool rite. So re apply thermal paste check fans if none of that works try upgrading to a nice tower cooler a good one for a budget is a HYPER 212+.