When i m installing windows 7 64b in my ssd it consuming 40gb space

anshup1993

Distinguished
Jan 3, 2012
hi i m from india i buyed a new ssd 64 db for my c drive and when i install windows 7 64b it consuming 40gb only windows 7 and i install 32b that just consuming 15 gb what to do

anshup1993

Distinguished
Jan 3, 2012

sory its 64 gb ssd

Well, you could eliminate the hiberfil. Search for Command Prompt, right click on it and select "Run as Administrator." I'm assuming you're an admin on this machine. In the Command Prompt window, type "powercfg -h off" (without quotes, of course) and hit enter. That's it; you should gain a bunch of space. You will no longer be able to hibernate your computer, but not many people use this function. If you ever want it back and are willing to let a few gigabytes go, repeat the process with "powercfg -h on".

You can edit your posts with either of the first two buttons on the bottom right of each one.

Yes, you can stop the Hibernation and also the pagefile.sys Those 2 files would occupy maximum space on the SSD and are usually on the OS drive by default. If you want you may change the location of the pagefile to another drive which is bigger.
That way you will end up saving a lot of space .
You will be able to save even more space if you were to disable the systems restore for c drive.
Disc cleanup after the installation process will clear it up a little more.
Since the SSD is only 64GB I'd suggest further optimization of nearly all programs that you plan to use by deleting temporary installation files etc etc. Clearing caches on exits, and other stuff.