Computer Issues

Ok, so about 1 month ago I started noticing lag in my games and lower frame rates especially dealing with particles and destructible environments. So looking at my graphics card I noticed it was getting hot, so i decided to replace it with an HD 5850.

Along with that purchase I got myself a new WD caviar black 640 GB. I installed both components and reload my OS to my new hard drive, I installed all my drivers. When I finished installing my games, I could handle higher graphics but getting still low fps, about 20-30 with a 5850. The only thing I can think of holding back my PC is my CPU, but it should be fine it is a Core 2Duo E8400 wolfdale, at stock clocks. I should be getting better performance from this setup. I was talking to a friend who was playing the same game as me and he has the same Graphics card, and a duel core, he was getting 75 FPS. Can someone help me?
5 answers Last reply
More about computer issues
  1. We kind of need the rest of your systems specs to do anything (amount of RAM, specs of the RAM, PSU specs, motherboard)...
  2. Asus P5Q Pro P45
    Microsoft Vista Ultimate 64bit
    WD Caviar Black 640gb
    Sapphire HD 5850
    Core 2 Duo E84000
    G.Skill 4gb DDR2 800
    Corsair 750 Watt
  3. What are your idle/load CPU temps? It's possible you're CPU is throttling due to overheating.
  4. It is about 39C idle 45-49C Load

Are there any test I could run on my CPU to see if it is functioning at proper performance levels?
  5. Are there any test I could run to see if my CPU is running properly, or any other tests I should try?
Ask a new question

Read More

Homebuilt Systems