Sign in with
Your question

[HELP]Odd Refresh Problem

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
January 8, 2010 1:11:16 AM

First post!

Name is Myersguy, long time reader, first time poster. Moving on.

Recently, I built a new gaming build. It was the first next-gen build I have ever made (for as long as I have been using computers, I have been swapping out parts, etc, just never built a top of the line computer from scratch). I am currently experiencing a bit of an odd problem with some games which I have never had on any of my other computers. However, I have also never ran such high quality games on computer before, nor have I ever had a large LCD monitor either.

So, the problem is this: When playing certain games, I occasionally get a line about a pixel thick that will fire from the bottom to the top of my monitor really quickly. It is somewhat of a hard thing to explain. It looks like the pixels are displaced within the line, but I am not sure. My only guess is that this is a matter of refresh rate, or something to that effect. I made a terri-bad image that (hardly) reflects what I am talking about (the game used is Dirt):

So, what is it exactly that causes this, and how do I fix it?

/first post, and I apologize if this is in the wrong section/wrong format, etc.

More about : odd refresh problem

a c 189 U Graphics card
January 8, 2010 3:38:50 AM

Have turn on the vertical sync on the game's setting?
What about the rest of your system?
m
l
January 8, 2010 4:55:57 AM

Yes, Vertical sync did fix the problem, but it also limits FPS (which i don't like).

I don't know what you mean by "The rest of system", so I can't help you there, unless you are asking for specs.

So, specs:

Core i7 920 OC'ed to 3.0Ghz
BFG 285 GTX OCFU edition
6GB DDR3 1600 Ram
EVGA X58 M-ATX Mobo
750W PSU
m
l
Related resources
January 8, 2010 5:36:46 AM

*Bump*
m
l
a c 189 U Graphics card
January 8, 2010 12:19:10 PM

okay, your problem is solved, right?
That's consequent of using vertical sync, your fps is dropped.
Your specs is very good. u still have a high fps, don't u?
m
l
!