Now that's what I'm talking about HD5(8)70-Eyefininty on a NETBOOK!!

wow, it's an amazing netbook. But still, it's a netbook, too small i think, i never like a gaming netbook... :)
How about the heat? i'm sure it's very hot inside...
And about the XGP box, i think i still prefer desktop. :D

Yeah, it's not for everyone, but give me one of those with a Core i7-920XM in a 15-18" Notebook Chassis with an internal MHD5500/5300 class GPU, with the option for the XGP MHD5870 with a possible future upgrade, and then you've got a nice rig for mobile editing as well as some gaming, and with easy upgrades.

^+1
You Hit the target, gamerk316...
:D

Not really, it's an ADD-on, so how does that defeat the purpose of a netbook anymore than a memory stick or external HDD does? Think of it like a docking-station if it helps you think outside the box.

It's obvious some of you are missing the point of having the netbook when you want the portability, and then having the power when you need it, not being limited to just a GMA GPU with a single output.

It's interesting how people seem to think form factor must dictate functionality, VooDoo, Fujitsu and Sony have been making powerful portables for years for people who don't want to be tied die to a desktop, but also what more power than a smartphone.

When unhooked, you still get all the benefits of the netbook, just the option for a little more should you so desire.

G

Well I'm not really sure how this is different to desktop eyefinity.

To be fair, TGGA considers that to be a gimmick. I don't. The only thing that held me back was a lack of dvi-displayport adaptor, something that Sapphire has now fixed with this...

http://www.ebuyer.com/product/188282

Note I bought the last one. ;)

G

Don't misunderstand me though...this is amazing lol. A notebook running 3 screen gaming will probably be mind blowing to a lot of people.

Well I'm not really sure how this is different to desktop eyefinity.

To be fair, TGGA considers that to be a gimmick. I don't.

?? :heink:

Where did I say that? It may be a checkbox for some, but far from a gimmick, I've played with surround gaming on the Matrox solutions, been wanting it on others since ATi talked about SurroundView on the 9200 IGP years ago, and personally want triple monitor support at home to match my docking station at work which has a P260 CRT flanked by two 20" LCDs. It's great for both productivity, research, and editing.

I think you're mis-attributing that comment. :non: