Sign in with
Your question

Windows delayed write failed

Last response: in Storage
January 4, 2012 3:44:19 PM

Hello,
I have a 500G external HD which I use to store movies, music. shows etc. Since the last two days it is showing error Windows Delayed Write Failed, all data could not be saved etc.
The first time it happened Icould open the sub-folders and play movies in all but one folder. Now cannot open any subfolder, and in properties the subfolders show 0.kb. But the properties in the Drive shows free space 62G out of 466G (file system NTFS). I have scanned for virus with NOD32 and found all to be virus free.
The five folders in the drive, names are intact. I have followed previous threads on this topic and tried to take corrective action but no luck.
Can anyone give some suggestions as I dont want to format and loose all the data in the usb drive. I am using XP serv pack2 and can not follow the computer lingo unless explained clearly. HEEEELP. Thanx
January 7, 2012 2:53:52 PM

OK. will let u know the result
m
l
Related resources
January 14, 2012 9:32:56 AM

rolli59 said:
Looks like your drive got corrupt run this http://support.microsoft.com/kb/315265

Ran dskchk on the drive. After completion of 2% the drive switches off with fol notice in the cmd box:
"chkdsk is verifying indexes (Stage 2 of 3). 2 percent complete."
m
l
a c 265 G Storage
January 14, 2012 12:05:30 PM

Looks like the drive is past repair.
m
l
January 15, 2012 3:40:28 AM

rolli59 said:
Looks like the drive is past repair.

I ran a recovery program on the drive. It showed all my files in all folders. However as the program was a freeware
it allows recovery of only upto 1GB. Anyone out there, can u guide me to a free recovery program which allows unlimited files recovery??????? At present I can't afford to pay for any program.
m
l
!