Sign in with
Your question

Overclocking my GPU and graphic card

Last response: in Overclocking
August 20, 2012 1:34:04 PM

Hey guys I've heard that all graphic cards and computers can be overclocked to give better performance, than what stock provides. I still don't know how true it is.
I personally own a AMD Phenom X2 black edition 560 processor...and recently purchased a Powercolor Ati Radeon HD 5570 graphic card. It is'nt much , but if someone can help me in how about overclocking the GPU and stuff without hampering my PC.
I would really appreciate that.
Please help.
Thanks in advance.
a b U Graphics card
a b K Overclocking
August 20, 2012 6:11:16 PM

overclocking makes parts run faster by running them at speeds out of specification... if you want to overclock i would start by getting a cooler, i reccomend the CM Hyper 212 evo (this is for the cpu) http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

for your GPU, i honestly wouldn't reccomend it, even being one of the cooler running gpu's on the market
m
l
August 21, 2012 3:40:23 AM

can overclocking it actually give better performance....and really is my cpu that good..
please help me cause i really want to improve my gaming experience.
but my pockets are not that big, to actually afford the real gaming peripherals.
thanks anyways for your help
m
l
Related resources
a b U Graphics card
a b K Overclocking
August 21, 2012 5:12:05 AM

if you buy cheaper parts your gonna have to sacrifice performance, no overclock will bring your gpu up that far, the CPU is alright for gaming i will say that though
m
l
August 21, 2012 6:57:13 AM

hmm.....i know that....but if overclocking would get me somewhere better than where i am now....that would be great......
but then if its not possible...neither can i help it....
thanks for your reply....
can you help me with the latest catylyst update to keep my video cardat its best.
m
l
!