Overclocking my GPU and graphic card

Hey guys I've heard that all graphic cards and computers can be overclocked to give better performance, than what stock provides. I still don't know how true it is.
I personally own a AMD Phenom X2 black edition 560 processor...and recently purchased a Powercolor Ati Radeon HD 5570 graphic card. It is'nt much , but if someone can help me in how about overclocking the GPU and stuff without hampering my PC.
I would really appreciate that.
Please help.
Thanks in advance.
5 answers Last reply
More about overclocking graphic card
  1. overclocking makes parts run faster by running them at speeds out of specification... if you want to overclock i would start by getting a cooler, i reccomend the CM Hyper 212 evo (this is for the cpu) http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835103099

for your GPU, i honestly wouldn't reccomend it, even being one of the cooler running gpu's on the market
  2. can overclocking it actually give better performance....and really is my cpu that good..
    please help me cause i really want to improve my gaming experience.
    but my pockets are not that big, to actually afford the real gaming peripherals.
    thanks anyways for your help
  3. if you buy cheaper parts your gonna have to sacrifice performance, no overclock will bring your gpu up that far, the CPU is alright for gaming i will say that though
  4. hmm.....i know that....but if overclocking would get me somewhere better than where i am now....that would be great......
    but then if its not possible...neither can i help it....
    thanks for your reply....
    can you help me with the latest catylyst update to keep my video cardat its best.
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards Overclocking Product