New Build - Nothing Turns on

DaveyAreAwesome

Distinguished
Aug 9, 2010
After assembling my computer I tired to turn it on and nothing worked.

None of the fans are spinning. The hard drive does not spin. The lights on the motherboard, however, still light up when I turn on the PSU. When I press the power button on the front of my Antec 900 case nothing happens. I'm sure the switch is connected to the mobo correctly.

I have checked all the connections and am fairly certain that everything else is in the right place.

I have a Gigabyte 890FXA-UD5 mobo and an AMD Phenom II X6 1055T processor. I have this power supply http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...tent-_-text-_- and 4GB of A-DATA DDR3 1600 ram.

What could be wrong here? Is my mobo just dead? Do I have a bad CPU or a faulty PSU?

I just got everything today from newegg

DaveyAreAwesome

Distinguished
Aug 9, 2010
I tried it again and it started up and it seems as if everything is getting power, but now there's no display on my monitor. I tried taking out and reinstalling my graphics card (making sure it's seated properly) and it didn't help. The fan on the card is spinning so it's getting power. I'm gonna check my RAM now, but I've already done that a couple times prior to this, so I don't think this is the problem.

I have an EVGA GeForce GTX 465