What SSD configuration should I get for a new PC

G

So far, I bought one Patrior Wildfire SATA III 120GB SSD, preferably for programs and games, also, I have 2TB 3.5"(I think it's Seagate).

Should I get another SATA III 60GB SSD for OS (Windows 7/8), or maybe should I return 120GB SSD and instead get SATA III 180-240GB SSD for both OS, programs and games to run all together from the same SSD?

Also, I wanna get another 30-60GB SSD for catching of 2TB one.

What manufacturer of SSDs would you suggest me for all of that, guys?

Thank you!

there are so many options out there! But here is what I am planning on to give you some ideas:
Currently I have a 500GB system drive, 1TB documents drive, and 1TB project drive.
I am looking at getting a 120GB SSD and doing a 60GB partition for OS/core programs, and then the other 60GB for a cache of my 500GB which would then become my games/documents drive. This way when I start playing a new game the cache will automagically notice my changes in file usage, and start caching the new game as I play/load it more often, and the same goes for oft listened to music, and opened documents. My 2 1TB drives will then be RAIDed as a large project/bulk storage drive.
I am just waiting to recover financially from Christmas and taxes (why they have to be so close together I just dont understand lol), and then I will see how the market sits at that point. If I could afford a nice 240GB drive at that point then I will jump on that instead and skip the caching feature all-together, but it looks like a nice option to breathe some new life into an old drive, while keeping consistent high performance for the OS and my favorite programs.

As for brands; Intel is the undisputed champ for reliability, but you pay for it. Crucial M4 drives are the crowd favorite for performance with reliability. Samsung is now reputed to be very good, though I dont know much about their drives yet. And OCZ Solid/Agility series are the good budget options, with Vertex and IOPS editions as a relatively cheap performance option. I have a 60GB Solid3 in an old Core2Duo machine and love it, though many have had driver issues with OCZ drives in the past, but I think they have worked those bugs out and I have had no problems with it in the 5-6 months I have had it.

Given the options you listed .... and seeing that a 240GB SSD is within your budget, I'd get one of the Tier 1 SSD's listed here:

http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/buy-ssd-recommendation-value,3088-6.html

I wouldn't bother with secondary SSD's or RAID or cacheing..... read here about that feature....

http://www.ukgamingcomputers.co.uk/difference-between-h67-p67-z68-and-h61-chipsets-a-22.html

Finally, another feature of a Z68 chipset is known as SSD caching which is where it allows the use of a small (say 10 or 20 GB) Solid state hard drive to act as a cache for a larger ‘traditional’ hard disk. If you are already planning the use of a Solid State drive this feature is redundant.

I have a box that dual boots (via BIOS) a Vertxex 3 Max IOPS and a 2TB Barracuda XT HD. The SSD boots Windows in 15.6 seconds, the HD in 21.2 secs. You might consider the Momentus ..... it does the cache thing better than other alternatives.

http://benchmarkreviews.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=806&Itemid=60&limit=1&limitstart=9

When we switched to real-world tests, such as the Windows boot time, file transfer, and PCMark 7 tests, Seagate FAST Factor firmware and Adaptive Memory Technology really helped Momentus XT shine. In these tests, especially Windows boot time and file transfer, the second-generation Momentus XT SSHD outperformed the PCI-Express hybrid solution and surpassed hard disk performance. ...

Seagate has come a long way with the Momentus series, and the benchmarks show a maturity in hybrid technology. Judging by the pace of development, it won't be long before the Momentus XT matches SSD performance in every task - not just what's cached. I'll agree that 8GB is a solid start, but eventually this SSD cache will need to grow beyond 32GB to really achieve what solid state drives can already do.

G

Actually X79 chipset