Does video card fan intake or exhaust air

jasonpf1123

Distinguished
Apr 29, 2009
hello, about to build a brand new system phenom 955 asus m4a79xtd 8gb g skill 1333 1tb hdd and radeon hd 5770 1gb creative sound blaster x-fi xtreme pci-e x1 rosewill tu-155 case. i'm wanting to buy this pci slot fan but i dont no where to place it. my question is does the video card fan exhaust air out the back of it or intake from the back and put the air in the case. this is slot fan i want http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835106083&cm_re=pci_slot_fan-_-35-106-083-_-Product
i would like to put it behind the video card to pull the hot air off of it, but then if i do thatthen i would take up my 2 pci-e x1 and there for couldnt use my sound card i would to sacrifice and buy a pci slot sound card which i dont want to do. please please help me figure this out. i also have 1 80mm fan on the front and back of the case and my psu is ocz stealthxtreme 700 watt. by the way does the fan on the psu pull air through the psu or push out into the case thank you so much. i'm so confused ahhhhhh!!!!!

The fan on the 5770 is an intake fan. It pulls in air from the interior of the case and exhausts air out the rear panel of the case.

The psu fan is also an intake fan. It pulls in air form the interior of the case and exhausts air out the rear panel of the case.

jasonpf1123

Distinguished
Apr 29, 2009

so then where would you put that pci slot fan having the setup that i am going with. like i said i would like to put it behind the video card to pull hot air off of it, but thats where my pci-e x1's are and then i couldnt use my sound card i would have to settle for pci slot sound card boo!!!

jasonpf1123

Distinguished
Apr 29, 2009
so then where would you put that pci slot fan having the setup that i am going with. like i said i would like to put it behind the video card to pull hot air off of it, but thats where my pci-e x1's are and then i couldnt use my sound card i would have to settle for pci slot sound card boo!!!

jasonpf1123

Distinguished
Apr 29, 2009