5970 Compatibility with Monitor

Griffnut

Distinguished
Jan 8, 2010
Hi,

I've recently bought a new rig with a 5970 and i've got a few questions concerning monitors and 3d..

Firstly, i've heard talkof ATI making 3d steroscopic drivers that allow compatible cards to work with a 3d monitor and glasses but i've yet to find a reliable source as to whether there has been any progress on this?

Next, I'm very interested in the upcoming Acer 24" GD245HQ 3d monitor. I have a 19" Benq monitor that i'd like to dual screen with the Acer. Here's the problem... the 5970 has 2 Dual-Link DVI-I & 1 Mini DisplayPort, and the Acer monitor has 1x Analogue, 1x DVI-D & 1x HDMI port. If i understand 3d correctly, 2 inputs are required for the monitor (1 for each 60Hz image) for 3d to work correctly. So firstly...is it possible to connect the 2 DVI-I ports on the 5970 to the DVI-D and Analogue port on the Acer monitor? and if so, what adapters would I need?

Secondly, the addition of the Benq monitor for dual screening... The only remaining port on the card after the Acer monitor attached to it would be the mini display port; Is there a way I could connect that to my Benq monitor which from memory I think has a VGA and a DVI port ?(and if so what adapter would I need?)

Sorry for the wall of text, it's just I wanted a second opinion because if set on dual screening, and if I can't dual screen the Acer with my Benq using the 5970, theres no point in me buying the Acer monitor!

Griffnut

Distinguished
Jan 8, 2010
Ok, aside form the 3d part of the post that i'm still not sure about, i'll make the other bit easier :p

Radeon 5970: 2 Dual-Link DVI-I & 1 Mini DisplayPort
Monitor1: 1x Analogue, 1x DVI-D & 1x HDMI port
Monitor2: 1x VGA, 1x DVI

Is it possible to dual screen using the available ports shown above, and if so what apaters would I need to faciliate it?

Thanks