How do I install new video card?

Hello, I currently have an Averatec 6240 Notebook running windows xp with an AMD Athlon 64 processor 3000+ upgraded to 2gb of ddr sodimm ram and 160 gb hd. I need to know how to install a new video card that supports pixel shader 2.0 I cureently have a SiS M760 video card. It has the required 128mb but does not suppor the pixel shader. Can anyone help?
7 answers Last reply
More about install video card
  1. As I said in your other post upgrading graphics in a laptop is not an option!
  2. sorry about double entry when I posted first msg I recieved an error msg so I didn't think it posted. You said you think that my card supports the pixel shader though? Where can I find that out for sure I went to sis site and updated new drivers this morning.
  3. rolli59 said:
    As I said in your other post upgrading graphics in a laptop is not an option!

Even if I take it apart? I am out of warranty so not worried about breaking that void if broken sticker!:) Wishing I would have saved my money i just invested in the hd and ram upgrades but now that I have I hate to start all over with somthing new.
  4. U just can't because it's soldered on the board...
  5. wa1 said:
    U just can't because it's soldered on the board...

I had read that in my searching but was hoping for some magic guru! So is upgrading the board with newer video card an option then?
  6. what? upgrading the board?
    well, that would be as pricey as u buy a new laptop... :)
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards Graphics Product