Which motherboard with a AMD Phenom II X6 1055T?

alexchadwick

Distinguished
Jul 10, 2010
Hello,
I'm planning my first build and I think I've chosen most of my components but would appreciate it if someone with the experience would please take a look at it and give me some tips or correct me.

The components are:

ASUS M4A88TD-M EVO/USB3 880G Socket AM3 HDMI DVI VGA Out 8 Channel Audio MATX Motherboard
AMD Phenom II X6 1055T 2.8GHz 9MB Cache Socket AM3 Retail Box Processor
Corsair 4GB (2x2GB) DDR3 1600MHz/PC3-12800 XMS3 i5 Memory Kit CL9(9-9-9-24) 1.65V
Linksys by Cisco Wireless-N Dual-Band PCI Adapter
Samsung SH-S223 22x DVD±RW DL & RAM SATA Optical Drive - OEM Black
Antec 900 Nine Hundred - Gaming Case with 200mm Top Fan - No PSU
Corsair 650W TX Series PSU - 120mm Fan, 80+% Efficiency, Single +12V Rail
Samsung SpinPoint F3 500GB Hard Drive SATAII 7200rpm 16MB Cache - OEM

My aims with the build are to make a reasonably cheap pc that will perform well enough for me to use for years, and be quite upgradeable. So please let me know if I've missed it.

My main question though is, is this motherboard suitable for my aims? As it may well end up to get a best performance for the price I may need to overclock, so is this motherboard suitable?

Many thanks.

Hello and welcome to the forums
That looks a decent rig to me,what's the VGA though ?
Also you can get a 32MB cache HDD with the same price or slightly more expensive(Have a look at Western digital Caviar black)
And as for motherboard,its good and should work fine without problems.

Hes going to use his onboard video. Sounds fine to me but if you want to do any kind of games you would need a dedicated video card. Why are you getting a Micro ATX motherboard and an Antec 900 case?