I7 920 and Asus P6T or Rampage

Rook85

Distinguished
Jan 13, 2010
I'm running a dual Nvidia GPU combo and am looking to up M/B and processor. right now i have a AMD 6400 dual core processor and a Asus m2nSLi deluxe MB I'm just wondering what every ones thoughts are on the P6T and the Rampage MB's from Asus. i am switching over to an i7 920 processor

Rook85

Distinguished
Jan 13, 2010
APPROXIMATE PURCHASE DATE: ASAP as soon as i get some decent feedback on mother boards
BUDGET RANGE: i have enough to buy a brand new store bought PC but id rather just do the build myself call it a hobby

SYSTEM USAGE FROM MOST TO LEAST IMPORTANT: EVERYTHING mainly games and phoenix online college

PARTS NOT REQUIRED: OHH gawd here we go... 1100 watt power supply, dual Nvidia GTS 250's (will not be replacing GPUs or switching to ATi anytime soon), 3 HDD's over a terabyte of freespace on a SATA connection, 5.1 DD surround sound system, wireless K/B, Logitech G9 laser mouse, liquid cooling (right now its an aqueduct little known company from germany adding in more with CPU im good with that sort of thing), basically i have all other components im just not too familiar with intel processors anymore so im just really asking for advice on motherboards that go good with an i7 920 and have the Nvidia SLi chipset or the crossover that allows for both Nvidia and ATi.

PREFERRED WEBSITE(S) FOR PARTS: in order newegg, tigerdirect, amazon and Ebay is at the bottom
COUNTRY OF ORIGIN: USA

PARTS PREFERENCES: well you have my comp description up there i want to run 64 bit windows 7 (am running 32 bit now) the whole point of this post is the i7 processor and a M/B solution. i would like to see DDR 3 RAM and possibly USB 3.0 capability. PCI express X16 (x2 atleast would like 3 or 4)

OVERCLOCKING:YES
SLI OR CROSSFIRE: SLI for sure already have dual Nvidia cards
MONITOR RESOLUTION: 1920x1200

ADDITIONAL COMMENTS: just advice on a good solid motherboard. i was thinking about the Asus crosshair iii i am very familiar with computers and built this one myself.

Rook85

Distinguished
Jan 13, 2010

TRENDING THREADS