Sign in with
Your question

Monitor blinks but no display

Last response: in CPUs
March 19, 2010 4:16:04 PM

Hey guyz...im new to the forum...i've a problem with my pc...

im using LG My home PC

configuration:

Processor: Intel pentium 4... 3GHz

HDD: 80GB SATA

RAM: 1.24GB DDR1

MOTHER BOARD: MSI (MICRO STAR INTERNATIONAL) 915chipset

I've no gfx card enabled... n windows xp2 as os

coming to my problem...

from past a week...my monitor 17inch LG SXGA is just "blinking" the power is ok...i can see the LED down the monitor blinking...

but when i turn on my cpu...it never on...ive to try removing the monitor jack behind the cpu...n try inserting again n again...by restarting the cpu n waiting for the monitor to start up...

its so messy guys...ive no virus nothing in my pc...what should i do? how come i rectify the problem???? plz help me out with ur suggestiong

my psu is ok...power cables r ok... have 4fans inside cpu so it wont heat up cpu easily (i found it on google the possibilies of occuring)

n another problm is my monitor on the opposite sides...when rebooting...it shows curvy lines i think flickering...whats d exact prblm wit d monitor guys??? its curvy on d opposite sides of d monitor.

help me out guys...

More about : monitor blinks display

a b à CPUs
a b C Monitor
March 19, 2010 10:20:32 PM

It's acting like the graphics chip may be going out. Chances are that heat has taken its toll on it over the years.
March 20, 2010 3:32:38 AM

dude buwish how can i cure this? its hell to sit before the pc..ive to wait sum half n hour to start up my pc
!