Congratulations?

beck

Distinguished
May 24, 2004

I have a female couple living together and I cant work out why, but one
keeps walking up to the other, patting her on the back and a "Congratulate"
thing comes up in her list of things she is doing (forgot what that's
called). What is she congratulating her for!? She hasn't done anything to
deserve it lol.
Beck.

wesley

My sim always congraulate to her friend because she won in fight with sims.
She cheer and boo to opposite sim. I love it. LOL

It's just a friendly gesture, helps with friendship levels.

On Mon, 20 Jun 2005 18:43:28 +1000, Beck <invalid@invalid.invalid> wrote:

> I have a female couple living together and I cant work out why, but one
> keeps walking up to the other, patting her on the back and a
> "Congratulate"
> thing comes up in her list of things she is doing (forgot what that's
> called). What is she congratulating her for!? She hasn't done anything to
> deserve it lol.

Nice Sims love to congratulate others, especially friends and family. I
think perhaps they pick a memory from their time together, but not
necessarily a recent memory. You can see the bubble when they
congratulate has a picture that is typically the same type as in their
memories, not the same type as in when they chat or share interests.

Trying to imagine what they say is half the fun. Sometimes it is pretty
obvious, such as after the breakfast when the husband walks over to his
wife and congratulates her with woohoo (you see the woohoo symbol in his
speech bubble) in front of the kids. Don't try this at home! One
memorable time the teen daughter in the house had just begun going steady
with the neighbor's son, and her father came over and congratulated her.
Not with the recent romantic development, though. The speech bubble showed
a pacifier. ^_^ I think that must have been an awkward moment...

good sign." -G

beck

Distinguished
May 24, 2004

I haven't had a sim fight in Sims 2 yet, I have to do this. Sounds like fun
lol!
Beck.

"Wesley" <Wesley@kissnation.com.de> wrote in message
> My sim always congraulate to her friend because she won in fight with
> sims. She cheer and boo to opposite sim. I love it. LOL

beck

Distinguished
May 24, 2004

Ahh ok, that helps. I was starting to think they knew something I didn't
lol.
Beck.
> It's just a friendly gesture, helps with friendship levels.
>
> "Beck" <invalid@invalid.invalid> wrote in message
>>I have a female couple living together and I cant work out why, but one
>>keeps walking up to the other, patting her on the back and a
>>"Congratulate" thing comes up in her list of things she is doing (forgot
>>what that's called). What is she congratulating her for!? She hasn't done
>>anything to deserve it lol.
>> Beck.

beck

Distinguished
May 24, 2004

Nice Sims? Oh.. the one being congratulated never does it back, maybe she
isn't as nice then lol.
As for the woohoo bubble (that's the purple heart isn't it?) in front of the
kids... that is a worry lol.
I haven't gone as far as kids yet, just had a couple get married and that's
where I am at. There is so much more in this than in Sims1, its great.
Ok, off to play again lol.
Beck.
"Magnus Itland" <itlandm@online.no> wrote in message
> On Mon, 20 Jun 2005 18:43:28 +1000, Beck <invalid@invalid.invalid> wrote:
>
>> I have a female couple living together and I cant work out why, but one
>> keeps walking up to the other, patting her on the back and a
>> "Congratulate"
>> thing comes up in her list of things she is doing (forgot what that's
>> called). What is she congratulating her for!? She hasn't done anything to
>> deserve it lol.
>
> Nice Sims love to congratulate others, especially friends and family. I
> think perhaps they pick a memory from their time together, but not
> necessarily a recent memory. You can see the bubble when they
> congratulate has a picture that is typically the same type as in their
> memories, not the same type as in when they chat or share interests.
>
> Trying to imagine what they say is half the fun. Sometimes it is pretty
> obvious, such as after the breakfast when the husband walks over to his
> wife and congratulates her with woohoo (you see the woohoo symbol in his
> speech bubble) in front of the kids. Don't try this at home! One
> memorable time the teen daughter in the house had just begun going steady
> with the neighbor's son, and her father came over and congratulated her.
> Not with the recent romantic development, though. The speech bubble showed
> a pacifier. ^_^ I think that must have been an awkward moment...
>
> --
> "When someone starts bragging about how much debt they have, it's not a
> good sign." -G

Not that this has to do with congratulating each other, but in my game,
Daniel and Mary Sue Pleasant had another child, named Deborah. When Deb was
a toddler, she and Daniel were playing together with the rabbit head, and
his speech bubbles had the woohoo heart and the symbol for domestic help. I
guess he was bragging about his affair with the maid. I couldn't believe
it! This game keeps surprising me.

On Tue, 21 Jun 2005 16:46:57 -0400, Harvis <sallytessierNOSPAM@rogers.com>
wrote:

> Not that this has to do with congratulating each other, but in my game,
> Daniel and Mary Sue Pleasant had another child, named Deborah. When Deb
> was
> a toddler, she and Daniel were playing together with the rabbit head, and
> his speech bubbles had the woohoo heart and the symbol for domestic
> help. I
> guess he was bragging about his affair with the maid. I couldn't believe
> it! This game keeps surprising me.

Sims say the darnedest things, it is fun watching their speech bubbles and
try to guess what they are saying. I once saw two grade school girls
playing chess, while talking about school books and toys and such.
Suddenly the visiting one talks about First Woohoo (there's a special
symbol for it) and I'm like "I hope that was purely theoretical" and then
they go back to discussing toys again. Of course, real kids are like this
too. You never know what they'll say next.

good sign." -G

beck

Distinguished
May 24, 2004

lol what cheek he has to brag about something like that! Especially with his
daughter!
This game has surprised me in a lot of ways too.
Beck.

"Harvis" <sallytessierNOSPAM@rogers.com> wrote in message
> Not that this has to do with congratulating each other, but in my game,
> Daniel and Mary Sue Pleasant had another child, named Deborah. When Deb
> was a toddler, she and Daniel were playing together with the rabbit head,
> and his speech bubbles had the woohoo heart and the symbol for domestic
> help. I guess he was bragging about his affair with the maid. I couldn't
> believe it! This game keeps surprising me.
>

> "Beck" <invalid@invalid.invalid> wrote in message
>> Nice Sims? Oh.. the one being congratulated never does it back, maybe she
>> isn't as nice then lol.
>> As for the woohoo bubble (that's the purple heart isn't it?) in front of
>> the kids... that is a worry lol.
>> I haven't gone as far as kids yet, just had a couple get married and
>> that's where I am at. There is so much more in this than in Sims1, its
>> great.
>> Ok, off to play again lol.
>> Beck.
>> "Magnus Itland" <itlandm@online.no> wrote in message

>>> Nice Sims love to congratulate others, especially friends and family. I
>>> think perhaps they pick a memory from their time together, but not
>>> necessarily a recent memory. You can see the bubble when they
>>> congratulate has a picture that is typically the same type as in their
>>> memories, not the same type as in when they chat or share interests.
>>>
>>> Trying to imagine what they say is half the fun. Sometimes it is pretty
>>> obvious, such as after the breakfast when the husband walks over to his
>>> wife and congratulates her with woohoo (you see the woohoo symbol in his
>>> speech bubble) in front of the kids. Don't try this at home! One
>>> memorable time the teen daughter in the house had just begun going
>>> steady with the neighbor's son, and her father came over and
>>> congratulated her. Not with the recent romantic development, though. The
>>> speech bubble showed a pacifier. ^_^ I think that must have been an
>>> awkward moment...
>>>
>>> --
>>> "When someone starts bragging about how much debt they have, it's not a
>>> good sign." -G

beck

Distinguished
May 24, 2004

These Sims are a worry with their Woohoo's lol.
I like to watch their conversations too but I don't know what all the
symbols are. I don't suppose there is a website that explains their
meanings?
> On Tue, 21 Jun 2005 16:46:57 -0400, Harvis <sallytessierNOSPAM@rogers.com>
> wrote:
>
>> Not that this has to do with congratulating each other, but in my game,
>> Daniel and Mary Sue Pleasant had another child, named Deborah. When Deb
>> was
>> a toddler, she and Daniel were playing together with the rabbit head, and
>> his speech bubbles had the woohoo heart and the symbol for domestic help.
>> guess he was bragging about his affair with the maid. I couldn't believe
>> it! This game keeps surprising me.
>
> Sims say the darnedest things, it is fun watching their speech bubbles and
> try to guess what they are saying. I once saw two grade school girls
> playing chess, while talking about school books and toys and such.
> Suddenly the visiting one talks about First Woohoo (there's a special
> symbol for it) and I'm like "I hope that was purely theoretical" and then
> they go back to discussing toys again. Of course, real kids are like this
> too. You never know what they'll say next.
>
> --
> "When someone starts bragging about how much debt they have, it's not a
> good sign." -G

Not sure but it sure did sound like Lucy said 'Ethel' in my game the other
day, lol.

> These Sims are a worry with their Woohoo's lol.
> I like to watch their conversations too but I don't know what all the
> symbols are. I don't suppose there is a website that explains their
> meanings?
> Beck.
> "Magnus Itland" <itlandm@online.no> wrote in message
>> On Tue, 21 Jun 2005 16:46:57 -0400, Harvis
>> <sallytessierNOSPAM@rogers.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Not that this has to do with congratulating each other, but in my game,
>>> Daniel and Mary Sue Pleasant had another child, named Deborah. When Deb
>>> was
>>> a toddler, she and Daniel were playing together with the rabbit head,
>>> and
>>> his speech bubbles had the woohoo heart and the symbol for domestic
>>> help. I
>>> guess he was bragging about his affair with the maid. I couldn't
>>> believe
>>> it! This game keeps surprising me.
>>
>> Sims say the darnedest things, it is fun watching their speech bubbles
>> and try to guess what they are saying. I once saw two grade school girls
>> playing chess, while talking about school books and toys and such.
>> Suddenly the visiting one talks about First Woohoo (there's a special
>> symbol for it) and I'm like "I hope that was purely theoretical" and then
>> they go back to discussing toys again. Of course, real kids are like
>> this too. You never know what they'll say next.
>>
>> --
>> "When someone starts bragging about how much debt they have, it's not a
>> good sign." -G

beck

Distinguished
May 24, 2004

lol that's definitely a worry. I'd love to know who made up their language,
its so funny at times.
Beck.

On Wed, 22 Jun 2005 15:34:15 +1000, Beck <invalid@invalid.invalid> wrote:

> These Sims are a worry with their Woohoo's lol.
> I like to watch their conversations too but I don't know what all the
> symbols are. I don't suppose there is a website that explains their
> meanings?

You can find most of them in the game. For instance, when they usually
chat, they tend to talk about their interests. In live mode, click on
"Simology" (the small white head near the bottom of the screen) then on
interests (the speech bubble). It has a list of all interests and the
symbols that belong to each type, as well as how much your Sim likes each
of them. Sims with shared interests can have long conversations. Sims can
also talk about topics in their memories, and possibly even topics they
have heard from others. (That's the only way I can explain the kids
talking about woohoo. It is very rare though.) Congratulations are always
based on the memory type icons, not the interest type. "Share interests"
is always based on the interest type, not memories.

good sign." -G

beck

Distinguished
May 24, 2004

*feels stupid* When I saw a symbol in Sims 1 that I wasn't sure of, I did
what you just told me to do. Sorry for asking that, I already knew (but
forgot or something.. lol)
Thanks though :eek:)