Problems with a Kingstong Hyper X 120GB SSD.

disposition96

Distinguished
Oct 4, 2008
How is everyone today? :) Hopefully well and even more so well enough to lend a hand!

I bought the Kingston Hyper X drive and it so far is amazing, the load times for games that I play (FF XIV, CSS, HoN) are all significantly faster, it could be the 2500K+ that I threw in their too vs my Q6600 that I used to have but none the less I feel the SSD is far more responsive, especially with mutli-tasking.

The drive itself runs fine as I said but my problem is when I run any SSD benchmark, ASSD, Crystal Disk ect my read/write speeds aren't what they should be... The read is fine, it's sitting around the 500Mbps (which shows me I'm on the right port) mark which isn't to far off it's max speeds.. The Write however is sitting at a measly 150Mbps... For the life of me I can't find anything that would explain why this is?

I am connected to the SataIII spot on my motherboard to SSD, the SSD is the only HD on the computer so it's not a configuration problem, I have TRIM enabled and I log off every day but keep my computer running so that the SSD will use the garbage function.

This is the exact SSD I purchased, not where I purchased it from however : 555MB/s and write speeds of up to 510MB/s.

Full Specs:

SSD : Kingstong HyperX 120GB
Motherboard : Asus p8z68-v
Processor : I5-2500K
Video Card - ASUS HD 6950 DirectCU II 2GB
Ram - 8GB Kingston HyperX 9-9-9-X(forget the number) [2x4GB Sticks]

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance!

Solution
Kingston does not advertise benchmarks with incompressible data but I believe your results are normal.

OCZ Vertex 3 120GB drives (which use the same SandForce controller as your Kingston) advertise 500 MB/s Read and 155 MB/s Write using AS-SSD.
The advertised 555 MB/s Read and 510 MB/s Write speeds are with ATTO benchmark software only.

ATTO uses highly compressible data to test read/write speeds.
AS-SSD and CrystalDiskMark use highly incompressible data to test read/write speeds.

Kingston does not advertise benchmarks with incompressible data but I believe your results are normal.

OCZ Vertex 3 120GB drives (which use the same SandForce controller as your Kingston) advertise 500 MB/s Read and 155 MB/s Write using AS-SSD.

Solution