Can't get native resolution

G

After switching to Windows 7, I can't choose native resolution for my display (1920x1200). The higher I can get is 1600x1200. I can't set custom resolution on any window - well, I can click on that options, but then i just can't apply any custom settings. It's really pain in the below, to watch 1600x1200 on 1920x1200 monitor, so I hope you can help me.

I have
Win7 64bit
Gainward GTX260

I tried old and new drivers. I heard about custom display drivers made in notepad, what is that about?

deadlockedworld

Distinguished
I assume that you mean you tried video card drivers. First--did you try adjusting resolution both in the Nvidia control panel and the windows 7 option? Sometimes the Nvidia control panel will have additional options that windows does not.

My second idea is to look for a specific driver for your monitor. I dont know what kind you have--but I know I have the option to download a driver from the LG website for my monitor...

G

I tried all control panels I could find - nothing work. I can choose 1920x1200 in "custom resolution" panel, but when I try to "Apply" - that nothing happens.

I have Gateway FPD2485W - only availible soft is this shitty pivot software, which don't work anyway.

deadlockedworld

Distinguished
I dont really have any idea why its not working--but as a shot in the dark:

You tried both Nvidia and Gainward drivers? There may be some variation between them.

Hmm looking at your card it says that it should more than cover you... Are you using the DVI connector?

Max VGA Resolution 2048 x 1536 @ 85Hz, 32-bit color
Max Dual-Link DVI-I Resolution 2560 x 1600 @ 60Hz, 32-bit color
Maximum HDTV Out (Component) Resolution 1920 x 1080 (1080i)
Maximum TV Out (S-Video) Resolution 720 x 480 (480i) NTSC
720 x 576 (576i) PAL

G

Same result. I'm using VGA. It was all great and smooth on XP - this is why I'm so pissed.

And tired. And ready to die.

G

Well, I thought it's some magic trick :).

I tried 195.62 from NVidia site, 195.62 from Gainward site and even 195.81 beta. I don't think it's driver issue. My monitor lost it's EDID information and I suppose this is the problem, but I don't know how to proceed with this :(.