Having Problems...

I've just bought the DVD version of Sims 2. I've downloaded quite a
few 'extra' objects & have installed them using Sim Maid. All the
downloaded objects have gone into the downloads directory in 'My
Documents'. I've also installed CEP.

When I start Sims 2, none of the objects show up. I've tried deleting
them & installing them without Sim Maid. When I start Sims 2 they
still don't show up.

Have I missed something? Should I be doing something other than what
I've already done.

TIA

Joolz
6 answers Last reply
More about having problems

    If they are recolors, you will not see them until you click the original
    object. Look on the popup that pops up to see recolors. Or you can use the
    swatch tool to see the recolors of the object. 3rd party recolors and
    meshes will have an asterick on them. This is the same in bodyshop/CAS
    screens too.
    Look in your downloads and make sure that all the files in there have the
    ..package extension.

    "Candy Floss" <candy@floss.com.invalid> wrote in message
    > I've just bought the DVD version of Sims 2. I've downloaded quite a
    > few 'extra' objects & have installed them using Sim Maid. All the
    > downloaded objects have gone into the downloads directory in 'My
    > Documents'. I've also installed CEP.
    >
    > When I start Sims 2, none of the objects show up. I've tried deleting
    > them & installing them without Sim Maid. When I start Sims 2 they
    > still don't show up.
    >
    > Have I missed something? Should I be doing something other than what
    > I've already done.
    >
    > TIA
    >
    > Joolz

    Isn't there also an option in the preferences of the game to show
    customer content or not?

    I'm not at home and can't go check. :P

    I don't think so.

    On 21 Jun 2005 16:53:11 -0700, "Emrysia" <ethorick@gmail.com> wrote:

    >Isn't there also an option in the preferences of the game to show
    >customer content or not?

    Yes, there is.

    "Strider" <xxxx@xxx.xx> wrote in message
    > On 21 Jun 2005 16:53:11 -0700, "Emrysia" <ethorick@gmail.com> wrote:
    >
    >>Isn't there also an option in the preferences of the game to show
    >>customer content or not?
    >>

    > Yes, there is.

    But isn't it enabled by default?

    On Wed, 22 Jun 2005 03:32:47 -0400, "Bluegenie2" <me@fuil.com> wrote:

    >"Strider" <xxxx@xxx.xx> wrote in message
    >> On 21 Jun 2005 16:53:11 -0700, "Emrysia" <ethorick@gmail.com> wrote:
    >>
    >>>Isn't there also an option in the preferences of the game to show
    >>>customer content or not?
    >>>

    >> Yes, there is.
    >
    >But isn't it enabled by default?

    Usually it is, but the option to turn it off or on is still there.

Sims DVD Games Video Games