  • Games
  • Video Games
Last response: in Video Games
June 21, 2005 11:15:25 PM

I've just bought the DVD version of Sims 2. I've downloaded quite a
few 'extra' objects & have installed them using Sim Maid. All the
downloaded objects have gone into the downloads directory in 'My
Documents'. I've also installed CEP.

When I start Sims 2, none of the objects show up. I've tried deleting
them & installing them without Sim Maid. When I start Sims 2 they
still don't show up.

Have I missed something? Should I be doing something other than what
I've already done.

TIA

Joolz

More about : problems

Anonymous
June 21, 2005 11:15:26 PM

If they are recolors, you will not see them until you click the original
object. Look on the popup that pops up to see recolors. Or you can use the
swatch tool to see the recolors of the object. 3rd party recolors and
meshes will have an asterick on them. This is the same in bodyshop/CAS
screens too.
Look in your downloads and make sure that all the files in there have the
..package extension.

"Candy Floss" <candy@floss.com.invalid> wrote in message
> I've just bought the DVD version of Sims 2. I've downloaded quite a
> few 'extra' objects & have installed them using Sim Maid. All the
> downloaded objects have gone into the downloads directory in 'My
> Documents'. I've also installed CEP.
>
> When I start Sims 2, none of the objects show up. I've tried deleting
> them & installing them without Sim Maid. When I start Sims 2 they
> still don't show up.
>
> Have I missed something? Should I be doing something other than what
> I've already done.
>
> TIA
>
> Joolz
Anonymous
June 21, 2005 11:15:26 PM

Isn't there also an option in the preferences of the game to show
customer content or not?

I'm not at home and can't go check. :p
June 22, 2005 1:42:33 AM

I don't think so.

"Emrysia" <ethorick@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Isn't there also an option in the preferences of the game to show
> customer content or not?
>
> I'm not at home and can't go check. :p

June 22, 2005 1:18:43 PM

On 21 Jun 2005 16:53:11 -0700, "Emrysia" <ethorick@gmail.com> wrote:

>Isn't there also an option in the preferences of the game to show
>customer content or not?

Yes, there is.
Anonymous
June 22, 2005 1:18:44 PM

"Strider" <xxxx@xxx.xx> wrote in message
> On 21 Jun 2005 16:53:11 -0700, "Emrysia" <ethorick@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>>Isn't there also an option in the preferences of the game to show
>>customer content or not?
>>

> Yes, there is.

But isn't it enabled by default?

June 22, 2005 3:07:08 PM

On Wed, 22 Jun 2005 03:32:47 -0400, "Bluegenie2" <me@fuil.com> wrote:

>"Strider" <xxxx@xxx.xx> wrote in message
>> On 21 Jun 2005 16:53:11 -0700, "Emrysia" <ethorick@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>>Isn't there also an option in the preferences of the game to show
>>>customer content or not?
>>>

>> Yes, there is.
>
>But isn't it enabled by default?

Usually it is, but the option to turn it off or on is still there.
!