Sign in with
Your question

Best way to see if your pc is stable?

Last response: in Overclocking
August 21, 2012 1:22:07 PM

I havn't finished oc my i7 870 that fails ibt om maximum in less then 3 passes, when it's oc at least 10-15% or more.

So i want to know, when is my pc stable?

How do i check if my pc is stable other then using ibt, prime95 and occt, when i am to lazy to take a test for many hours to se if my pc i stable?

(never had my pc frooze,bsod,be unstable beacuse of temperature)

More about : stable

a c 324 K Overclocking
August 21, 2012 2:07:55 PM

I used 10 and 20 passes of IBT. If you make it through that, you should be good. I've had an overclock pass 5 passes, but fail before 10 without changing a single BIOS setting.
August 21, 2012 2:41:55 PM

It can pass on standard x10
Related resources
August 21, 2012 2:46:31 PM

Have a problem with prime95 torture test where i want to take the in-place large FFTs but when i go back it looks like it only use the in blend test.

Is there somthing wrong with prime95?
a c 197 K Overclocking
August 21, 2012 8:36:06 PM

Don't think so. P95 works fine on my systems.

I prefer P95 over IBT or OCCT. It just takes longer.

I like P95 because it can give you an indication of where you have problems. If the small fft's test fails, you probably have problems with your CPU settings. If the large fft's or blend tests fail, you probably have problems with your memory settings.

My overclocking goals are 24 hours small fft's first, followed by 24 hours of the blend test. I used to think 12 hours was enough time, but I was testing a system that I ran over night and discovered that it failed at 14 hours. Adjusted settings and retested and it failed at 18 hours. Readjusted and I let the system run 3 days (over 72 hours). It passed.

How long you test and with what software will be determined by how important stability is to you (and how much patience you have :) ).
a c 190 K Overclocking
August 22, 2012 6:07:57 AM

Tap it firmly but repeatedly on the side panel, close to the roof, if it falls over it ain't stable
:p 

Couldn't resist sorry
Moto
August 22, 2012 9:19:59 AM

jsc said:
Don't think so. P95 works fine on my systems.

I prefer P95 over IBT or OCCT. It just takes longer.

I like P95 because it can give you an indication of where you have problems. If the small fft's test fails, you probably have problems with your CPU settings. If the large fft's or blend tests fail, you probably have problems with your memory settings.

My overclocking goals are 24 hours small fft's first, followed by 24 hours of the blend test. I used to think 12 hours was enough time, but I was testing a system that I ran over night and discovered that it failed at 14 hours. Adjusted settings and retested and it failed at 18 hours. Readjusted and I let the system run 3 days (over 72 hours). It passed.

How long you test and with what software will be determined by how important stability is to you (and how much patience you have :) ).

I can only take in-place large FFTs (torture test) only in-blend so i am stuck with the in-blend test if i want to take a torture test
!