Sign in with
Your question

Disable hyper threading core2duo

Last response: in Motherboards
Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
August 10, 2010 5:56:17 PM

Hello,
i have gigabyte GA-G31M-ES2C motherboard and i want to disable hyper threading so i want to know how to do it
a c 435 V Motherboard
August 10, 2010 6:27:42 PM

Core2 duo has no hyperthreading support. Socket 1156 has it, and you shouldn't try to disable it.
a b V Motherboard
August 10, 2010 7:44:48 PM

Carefully remove the Heatsink and fan,
Remove processor using static precautions,
Place processor on metal surface, table/floor
hit with blunt force object, Hammer/mallet until small pieces start to become apparent.
you have succcessfully disabled hyperthreading.
Moto
Related resources
a b V Motherboard
August 10, 2010 7:47:58 PM

Motopsychojdn said:
Carefully remove the Heatsink and fan,
Remove processor using static precautions,
Place processor on metal surface, table/floor
hit with blunt force object, Hammer/mallet until small pieces start to become apparent.
you have succcessfully disabled hyperthreading.
Moto

+1
Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
August 10, 2010 7:54:09 PM

but i have a device not compatible with this motherboard and the problem in core2duo and hyperthreading.
can i disable core2due feature????
a c 261 V Motherboard
August 10, 2010 7:54:55 PM

Quote:
Hello,
i have gigabyte GA-G31M-ES2C motherboard and i want to disable hyper threading so i want to know how to do it

Hyperthreading is enabled/disabled as an option in the bios of the motherboard.
I think it is a moot point since the core2duo processord did not have hyperthreading.
a c 261 V Motherboard
August 10, 2010 7:56:55 PM

Quote:
but i have a device not compatible with this motherboard and the problem in core2duo and hyperthreading.
can i disable core2due feature????

What processor are you trying to install? Sometimes the motherboard bios needs to be updated to support some newer processors.
Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
August 10, 2010 8:06:39 PM

how disable Hyperthreading in the bios of the motherboard (gigabyte GA-G31M-ES2C )??
a c 261 V Motherboard
August 10, 2010 8:14:04 PM

Quote:
how disable Hyperthreading in the bios of the motherboard (gigabyte GA-G31M-ES2C )??

If your cpu does not have hyperthreading, then I would not expect to see an option to disable what you don't have.
a b V Motherboard
August 10, 2010 8:21:24 PM

I just looked at the board that you have listed here and it seems to be a budget board that makes no mention of hyperthreading. As many have now said the Core 2 does not support Hyperthreading so it is very difficult to understand exactly what your problem is.
!