Help Just got a New Build & Need help Setting it up

G

Hello everyone I need help with my New setup I just got yesterday!! I bought a Intel i5 3570k with G1 Sniper M3 motherboard & I installed everything when i turn it on the heatsink wouldnt come on after bios was up idk if i got bad heatsink?? or what.............. & another thing on my Temps I get this on Core Temp

Min 27c

Temperature reading 42c

Max 66c

on Stock heatsink is this good or no??

Solution

It's possible, but not recommended. The HD 4000 isn't meant for gaming and isn't very good at it. It's the best Intel has ever had, but it's still not good. You're much better off just using you actual GPU for that, since you have one (the GTX 480 is many orders of magnitude better and faster than the HD 4000. It's just not even close).
Found it. :)

Yeah, those temps are to be expected with the stock HSF, especially with a 3570K.

Not great, obviously, but as good as they'll get with the stock HSF.

Edit: I'm not sure what you mean about the heatsink "not coming on" after the BIOS. You mean the fan? It's temperature controlled, so it should change speeds with the temperature, but those temps are fine, so I'd say it's probably working normally.

G

oh ya ok was making sure cause idk if that was good or not & when my cpu is sitting at

3430.4mhz can I get it at 3.8ghz on turbo speed wit stock heatsink??

cause when i first got computer built & everything it was lagging some what on 3.8ghz & I turn of the turbo speed im not really good at doing all this stuff in 3d bios lol learning here

The 3.8 stock Turbo is only when 1 core is being used, anyway. With all four in use, it'll be at 3.5. But yes, that's just fine on the stock HSF, since that's what it's meant for.

Just don't try to overclock with it and keep everything stock until you get a better HSF.

G

ya when i turn on the computer it like turns a notch & when bios is showing it comes on the fan & idk if there something in the bios that controllers the fan where i have to enable it or something I really dont understand this mobo yet lol

As long it it doesn't tell you that there is a fan error at boot, I'd say you're ok.

G

oh ya ok so do I use the multiplier or do I just enable the turbo speed to get 3.8ghz?? & when watching the cpu-z the core voltage keeps going up & down alot & what is bus speed is that graphic card??

Turbo is enabled by default, so no need to worry about that.

It'll work like this: 3.8 when one core is in use, 3.7 with two, 3.6 with three, and 3.5 with all for in use.

It's possible to make all 4 run at 3.8 (and a lot more, since it's a 3570K), but that's overclocking, which you shouldn't do with that stock HSF, as I said.

Just leave it be, for now. It's set the way it's supposed to be automatically.

Edit: The speed fluctuations are because of SpeedStep. Totally normal.

Bus speed is the BCLK. Something that you should NEVER change with that CPU.

Nope. You only need to update your BIOS if your having a problem with something.

Updating a BIOS can be dangerous because it can leave you with a dead board, if something goes wrong, so it's best to just not do it, unless it's absolutely necessary.

G

ya ok i disabled turbo speed before so its ok to enable & like u said 3.8 to 3.5ghz that what it will do when u enable turbo speed?

Those are just it's power features, but yeah, no real need to worry about how they work or what they do. The Phase Control might come into play when you OC, but you'll have plenty of time to learn about that.

Nothing you need to think about for now.

G

ok thanks for heads up & what bout this

Intel® Rapid Start Technology
GIGABYTE EZ Setup

& on this last question I have this program called Lucid Universal MVP Support on my mobo site that link above I try to install program & it says this........... integrated graphic device was not found virtu mvp setup will now exit

G

that programs looks like it has something to do with your cpu & graphic card on that program idk something kool but cant get it to work I have a Gtx 480 480 cuda cores 2.0 gpu

To the first two, no need to worry about the Rapid Start thing, and I'm not even sure what EZ Setup is. EZ Setup is probably some Gigabyte special thing, but I doubt that you need to worry about it, since I don't even know how it works myself.

As to the Virtu question, it's saying that because your iGPU isn't enabled (you do that in the BIOS). The iGPU needs to be enabled to be able to install the Intel HD Graphics drivers, as well as Virtu.

In all honesty, you don't even need to worry about Virtu. Its usage is questionable, at best. You can TRY to get it installed and working, if you want, but you probably won't get much use out of it.

I don't use Virtu myself...

G

Thanks for the heads up on what to do I got it a working & got the hd4000 drivers installed & when I installed Virtu & when I open up a game Mw3 it comes up & when i change settings in options the game has to restart then it never comes back on!! I switch to another game Battlefield 3 & it says allow something threw the internet so I did & it says this

Iexplore
Incorrect Ekag20nt.exe verison9 internal error, api v2.00

Also when i ignore that in game on battlefield 3 after 5 mins later the lights & stuff in back ground goes all crazy & i have to turn the game off

Yeah, like I alluded to, Virtu is questionable at best. Most people I know around here won't even use it for one reason or another.

About the only thing it's good for, for most people, is to be able to use Quick Sync for video encoding.

G

oh ya I'm new to Intel never own intel before & after I already downloaded deriver for hd4000 i5 3570k how does the video thing work do you have to pick which to use graphic on or do they both work at the same time? I own a Gtx 480 soon bout to sell for Radeon 7850 2gb

They can both work at the same time (or even independently, with Virtu), but there's no real reason to, except for a multiple monitor setup or for Quick Sync, like I said.

I recommend just leaving the iGPU disabled. You probably will never has a legitimate use for it.

G

oh ya I dont even understand it but ill stop using it & what is iGPU I dont see that on the manual is that Internal Graphics? it says this
Enables or disables the onboard graphic functions