Finding the Local Computer Policy in the Registry!

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.setup_deployment,microsoft.public.windowsxp.security_admin,microsoft.public.windowsxp.work_remotely,microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support,microsoft.public.windowsxp.configuration_manage (More info?)

I am managing a computer network with about 60 machines running XP Pro. I am currently using a login.bat file from our server. I am looking to edit each machine's Local Policy using the registry. I need to edit the Policy (Local Computer Policy\\Computer Configuration\\Administrative Templates\\System\\Remote Assistance) and change the Offer Remote Assistance Properties to Enabled and add users to that list. Does anyone know where I might find the entries in the registry? I think I might be able to figure out how to edit it using my batch file as I already am editing it to Turn Remote Desktop On and Remote Assistance On but I just need to know where this is at in the registry! Thanks in Advance for any given!

Joshua Miller

IT / IS Administrator

Greenville National Bank

(937) 548 – 1114 x4250

joshua@greenvillenationalbank.com

http://www.greenvillenationalbank.com

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.setup_deployment,microsoft.public.windowsxp.security_admin,microsoft.public.windowsxp.work_remotely,microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support,microsoft.public.windowsxp.configuration_manage (More info?)

Why don't you do this through the domain default policy? Are you running AD?

If you want to do this on each box you have to run mmc.exe and add the
interface for the LocalComputerPolicy to it and work from there.

"Joshua Miller" <joshua@greenvillenationalbank.com> wrote in message
> I am managing a computer network with about 60 machines running XP Pro.
I am currently using a login.bat file from our server. I am looking to edit
each machine's Local Policy using the registry. I need to edit the Policy
(Local Computer Policy\\Computer Configuration\\Administrative
Templates\\System\\Remote Assistance) and change the Offer Remote Assistance
Properties to Enabled and add users to that list. Does anyone know where I
might find the entries in the registry? I think I might be able to figure
out how to edit it using my batch file as I already am editing it to Turn
Remote Desktop On and Remote Assistance On but I just need to know where
this is at in the registry! Thanks in Advance for any given!

> Joshua Miller
>
> IT / IS Administrator
>
> Greenville National Bank
>
> (937) 548 – 1114 x4250
>
> joshua@greenvillenationalbank.com
>
> http://www.greenvillenationalbank.com

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.configuration_manage,microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support,microsoft.public.windowsxp.security_admin,microsoft.public.windowsxp.setup_deployment (More info?)

Remote Desktop can be enabled at the following registry key,
HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\TerminalServer
-change the REG_WORD value fDenyTSConnections to 0x00 to enable
-0x01 will disable
-you must belong to the local administrators group on the remote
computer