Status
Not open for further replies.

cmcallan

Distinguished
Jan 8, 2010

Thanks for response. The problem is that I can't get to the bios to disable the on board video. All the hardware has been tested. Obviously, the problem might also be the cpu or motherboard. When the boot starts it stops with a couple of seconds with nothing on the monitor.

If I had the pin settings, most likely, I could disable the o/b video and boot up with a video card.

Thanks again.

cmcallan

Distinguished
Jan 8, 2010
Correct, it won't post. I've also reseated the ram. Can't get the keyboard to light up, therefore, can't get to the bios.

I have another board coming with Socket A. I'll interchange the CPU to see if that's OK. If the CPU is OK, then the m/b is bad. The machine went to sleep on me and I couldn't get it to wake up. I honestly don't believe there's a pin setting on the board. I was surprise when the boot didn't see the new video card when I installed it. That is why I believe it is a M/B failure.

cmcallan

Distinguished
Jan 8, 2010
no sounds whatever. I've tried the boot without the ram. Even switch them around and tried with each chip. The only thing which almost worked was when I tried to boot with a bootable disk in the dvd. The computer board indicator light went on and off for about 18 seconds, but still no keyboard to access the bios.

cmcallan

Distinguished
Jan 8, 2010
Thats exactly what I thought it might be. Thank you for your support. I expect my new m/b to be here this afternoon. If everythings goes cool I expect to be up and running this evening. Thanks again for you support. Acer is OK but as soon as your wattanty is out of date, so is the support. What I'll do is send them the motherboard for service. Companies usually contact you and you can work out a deal with them.

cmcallan

Distinguished
Jan 8, 2010
Thanks to all for your help. The new mobo didn't work. I'm waiting for a new cpu to arrive. When I get the puter back to operational mode, I'll let everybody know what was the cause. Thanks again.

Status
Not open for further replies.