Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Would this be a good kit for a starter?

Last response: in Overclocking
August 21, 2012 11:44:13 PM

http://www.frozencpu.com/products/16891/ex-wat-219/XSPC...

I've see one similar suggested here before, but it is a triple fan rad and my case(Cooler Master Storm Trooper) can only support a dual rad without modding.

More about : good kit starter

a c 330 K Overclocking
August 22, 2012 1:01:03 AM

Incidentally, the sticky also contains the kit in question.

Please read the forum stickies.
m
l
Related resources

Best solution

August 22, 2012 4:27:12 PM

I ended up buying the RX240. Same basic stuff, but the RX has a slightly bigger radiator. Overall im pretty satisfied with it, good temp drops, looks sharp.

My only complaint was that the molex power cord was pretty dinky, but thats nothing that can be helped.

If your considering the RS240, spend the extra 20-30 bux and get the RX.
August 23, 2012 3:13:09 AM

velosteraptor said:
I ended up buying the RX240. Same basic stuff, but the RX has a slightly bigger radiator. Overall im pretty satisfied with it, good temp drops, looks sharp.

My only complaint was that the molex power cord was pretty dinky, but thats nothing that can be helped.

If your considering the RS240, spend the extra 20-30 bux and get the RX.

I put the order in a few hours ago for the RX :)  Thanks for the recommendation.
m
l
August 23, 2012 3:14:29 AM

rubix_1011 said:
Incidentally, the sticky also contains the kit in question.

Please read the forum stickies.

I did read the sticky. I read through it completely, but I wanted to get some actual opinions on what people have seen from use. That's all.
m
l
August 23, 2012 3:15:09 AM

Best answer selected by intensity254.
m
l
a c 330 K Overclocking
August 23, 2012 3:28:01 AM

intensity254 said:
I did read the sticky. I read through it completely, but I wanted to get some actual opinions on what people have seen from use. That's all.

Good deal- I wasn't sure based on your question whether you had or not. Most people that initially post do not bother reading it, so I thought I would ask. Hopefully you are happy with the performance of the kit and I'm willing to bet that the watercooling bug bites you a few more times in the future. Keep us updated and let us know if you have any questions.
m
l
!