Solved

Would this be a good kit for a starter?

http://www.frozencpu.com/products/16891/ex-wat-219/XSPC_Raystorm_750_RS240_Extreme_Universal_CPU_Water_Cooling_Kit_w_Free_Kill_Coil.html#blank

I've see one similar suggested here before, but it is a triple fan rad and my case(Cooler Master Storm Trooper) can only support a dual rad without modding.
7 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about would good starter
  1. the sticky has a list of all the good kit to buy.

http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/277130-29-read-first-watercooling-sticky
  2. Incidentally, the sticky also contains the kit in question.

Please read the forum stickies.
  3. Best answer
    I ended up buying the RX240. Same basic stuff, but the RX has a slightly bigger radiator. Overall im pretty satisfied with it, good temp drops, looks sharp.

My only complaint was that the molex power cord was pretty dinky, but thats nothing that can be helped.

If your considering the RS240, spend the extra 20-30 bux and get the RX.
  4. velosteraptor said:
    I ended up buying the RX240. Same basic stuff, but the RX has a slightly bigger radiator. Overall im pretty satisfied with it, good temp drops, looks sharp.

My only complaint was that the molex power cord was pretty dinky, but thats nothing that can be helped.

If your considering the RS240, spend the extra 20-30 bux and get the RX.

I put the order in a few hours ago for the RX :) Thanks for the recommendation.
  5. rubix_1011 said:
    Incidentally, the sticky also contains the kit in question.

Please read the forum stickies.

I did read the sticky. I read through it completely, but I wanted to get some actual opinions on what people have seen from use. That's all.
  6. Best answer selected by intensity254.
  7. intensity254 said:
    I did read the sticky. I read through it completely, but I wanted to get some actual opinions on what people have seen from use. That's all.

Good deal- I wasn't sure based on your question whether you had or not. Most people that initially post do not bother reading it, so I thought I would ask. Hopefully you are happy with the performance of the kit and I'm willing to bet that the watercooling bug bites you a few more times in the future. Keep us updated and let us know if you have any questions.
Ask a new question

Read More

Water Cooling Cooler Master Cases Fan Support Modding Overclocking