Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Type of bearing in Xigmatek's XLF-F1455 140mm fan?

Last response: in Components
March 20, 2010 12:23:14 AM

Xigmatek's 140mm fan XLF-F1455 caught my eye, but I have a question. The bearing type listed is 'long-life bearing', but I'd like to know what actual type it is (ball, sleeve, rifle). I've tried emailing Xigmatek, but I've only gotten mail errors.

Does anyone know what type of bearing the fan uses, or, how I could find out?
March 20, 2010 3:20:07 AM

It could be a proprietary bearing, like Enermax's twister bearing. I also sent an email to Xiggy to get a definitive answer, and did not receive a mail error. I'll let you know what I receive in the reply.
m
l
March 20, 2010 3:24:47 AM

Zinosys said:
It could be a proprietary bearing, like Enermax's twister bearing. I also sent an email to Xiggy to get a definitive answer, and did not receive a mail error. I'll let you know what I receive in the reply.

Awesome, thanks!
m
l
Related resources
March 25, 2010 10:25:36 PM

Zinosys said:

Any updates?
m
l

Best solution

March 25, 2010 10:27:55 PM

Eh, none yet. :( 

I guess you can assume (since they claim long-life), it's a 2-ball, fluid dynamic, or magnetic bearing.

Cheers.
April 5, 2010 7:14:11 AM

Best answer selected by ponchato.
m
l
April 5, 2010 8:10:38 PM

Thanks, ponchato, but I still feel like I wasn't much help. :( 

Well, best of luck with your fan-buying endeavors. :) 

Cheers.
m
l
August 18, 2011 8:54:24 PM

ponchato said:
Xigmatek's 140mm fan XLF-F1455 caught my eye, but I have a question. The bearing type listed is 'long-life bearing', but I'd like to know what actual type it is (ball, sleeve, rifle). I've tried emailing Xigmatek, but I've only gotten mail errors.

Does anyone know what type of bearing the fan uses, or, how I could find out?

I bought this same fan and had the same question about the bearings. I called XIGMATEK and found out that all their 120 and 140mm fans use sleeve bearings.
m
l
!