Gigabyte X58A-UD3R rev 2 checksum error

Merovik

Distinguished
Aug 10, 2010
Hello..long time reader, first time poster. This board has solved many of my problems so here goes!

I just finished a build using the X58A-UD3R motherboard and it seems to be an excellent board except whenever I clear the CMOS (using the back panel button) and restart the POST fails with a checksum error and then loads some defaults. I want to stress that this is AFTER clearing the CMOS. After it loads defaults the next restart it POSTs fine so it's not really a big deal but I just want to know if this is a known issue or if my mobo is bad. I am using 1600mhz memory modules that need to have XMP enabled to run at 1600 with this board. I'm not sure if this is related to the problem I'm having but I suspect it could be. After the failed POST it defaults to 1066mhz and then I enable XMP and everything's good.

To sum up: AFTER CMOS clear machine fails to POST with checksum error. Insight?

Solution
it is normal, you should go to bios instantly after your clear the cmos.
it seems that after you clear cmos, you just boot without entering the bios so that's why you get his message.
Once you clear the cmos, pres DEL and load optimized default before this error appears.

kakaa

Distinguished
Aug 23, 2010
it is normal, you should go to bios instantly after your clear the cmos.
it seems that after you clear cmos, you just boot without entering the bios so that's why you get his message.
Once you clear the cmos, pres DEL and load optimized default before this error appears.

Solution