Downloads

I decided to install University. I didn't have many families so I just
backed up my downloads folder. Luckily because non of my downloads are in
the game. Have they been deleted or are my Sims2 downloads not accepted in
University?
I know you cant put Uni downloads in Sims2 alone, but does that work the
other way around?
Thanks again,
Beck.
9 answers Last reply
More about downloads

    There are downloads for plain Sims 2 that don't work in Uni, but mostly you
    get bad objects (blue) rather than no objects.

    I would physically check the contents of your downloads folder to make sure
    things haven't been deleted and then run an object checker to see if they
    are compatible or not. I think both Clean Installer and SimPE have object
    checker functions.

    --
    Morituri Nolumus Mori - Rincewind, The Last Hero, Terry Pratchett

    MM

    "Beck" <invalid@invalid.invalid> wrote in message
    > I decided to install University. I didn't have many families so I just
    > backed up my downloads folder. Luckily because non of my downloads are in
    > the game. Have they been deleted or are my Sims2 downloads not accepted in
    > University?
    > I know you cant put Uni downloads in Sims2 alone, but does that work the
    > other way around?
    > Thanks again,
    > Beck.

    Ok. Where do I get these programs and how much are they roughly?
    Thanks MM,
    Beck.

    > Ok. Where do I get these programs and how much are they roughly?
    > Thanks MM,
    > Beck.

    They're free, go to this site and look on the left hand side. This site
    is very busy, if
    you can't get to it, keep trying, it is a great site for everything
    concerning Sims 2 and Uni.

    http://www.modthesims2.com/

    Betty

    http://sims.ambertation.de/index.shtml

    Get SimPE here.

    Betty

    I just downloaded Sims2Pack Clean Installer... I opened it and this error
    came up: "The .NET Framework is not installed on this machine. You must
    install it to continue with this installation."
    I don't suppose you know what I need to do? Sorry :o(
    Beck.

    > I just downloaded Sims2Pack Clean Installer... I opened it and
    > this error came up: "The .NET Framework is not installed on this
    > machine. You must install it to continue with this installation."
    > I don't suppose you know what I need to do? Sorry :o(

    Install the Microsoft .NET framwork. You can find it at
    microsoft.com

    --
    Mike
    A bad random number generator: 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 4.33e+67, 1, 1, 1

    (it comes from Microsoft). Install it. Be warned, it changes things around
    a bit - if you're unsure whether you want it on your machine, do a search
    and find out what it does. SimPE won't work without it - I'm told a lot of
    programmes are being written now which will need it to run.

    Oh, here's the direct link:

    http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=262d25e3-f589-4842-8157-034d1e7cf3a3&displaylang=en

    Best wishes
    Maxon

    "Beck" <invalid@invalid.invalid> wrote in message
    > I just downloaded Sims2Pack Clean Installer... I opened it and this error
    > came up: "The .NET Framework is not installed on this machine. You must
    > install it to continue with this installation."
    > I don't suppose you know what I need to do? Sorry :o(
    > Beck.
    > "Betty" <bdj2005@nospamvalor.com> wrote in message
    > >
    > > "Beck" <invalid@invalid.invalid> wrote in message
    > >> Ok. Where do I get these programs and how much are they roughly?
    > >> Thanks MM,
    > >> Beck.
    > >
    > > They're free, go to this site and look on the left hand side. This site
    is
    > > very busy, if
    > > you can't get to it, keep trying, it is a great site for everything
    > > concerning Sims 2 and Uni.
    > >
    > > http://www.modthesims2.com/
    > >
    > > Betty

    Ok will do, thanks.
    Beck.
    "Mike Andrade" <ma@box.invalid> wrote in message
    > "Beck" <invalid@invalid.invalid> wrote in
    >
    >> I just downloaded Sims2Pack Clean Installer... I opened it and
    >> this error came up: "The .NET Framework is not installed on this
    >> machine. You must install it to continue with this installation."
    >> I don't suppose you know what I need to do? Sorry :o(
    >
    > Install the Microsoft .NET framwork. You can find it at
    > microsoft.com
    >
    > --
    > Mike
    > A bad random number generator: 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 4.33e+67, 1, 1, 1

    Ok, I will go and check it out before I download, but I'll probably get it.
    Thanks for that info.
    Beck.
    > package
    > (it comes from Microsoft). Install it. Be warned, it changes things
    > around
    > a bit - if you're unsure whether you want it on your machine, do a search
    > and find out what it does. SimPE won't work without it - I'm told a lot
    > of
    > programmes are being written now which will need it to run.
    >
    > Oh, here's the direct link:
    >
    > http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=262d25e3-f589-4842-8157-034d1e7cf3a3&displaylang=en
    >

    > Best wishes
    > Maxon
    >

    > "Beck" <invalid@invalid.invalid> wrote in message
    >> I just downloaded Sims2Pack Clean Installer... I opened it and this error
    >> came up: "The .NET Framework is not installed on this machine. You must
    >> install it to continue with this installation."
    >> I don't suppose you know what I need to do? Sorry :o(
    >> Beck.
    >> "Betty" <bdj2005@nospamvalor.com> wrote in message
    >> >
    >> > "Beck" <invalid@invalid.invalid> wrote in message
    >> >
    >> > They're free, go to this site and look on the left hand side. This site
    > is
    >> > very busy, if
    >> > you can't get to it, keep trying, it is a great site for everything
    >> > concerning Sims 2 and Uni.
    >> >
    >> > http://www.modthesims2.com/
    >> >
    >> > Betty

Sims Games Video Games