Downloads

beck

Distinguished
May 24, 2004

I decided to install University. I didn't have many families so I just
backed up my downloads folder. Luckily because non of my downloads are in
the game. Have they been deleted or are my Sims2 downloads not accepted in
University?
I know you cant put Uni downloads in Sims2 alone, but does that work the
other way around?
Thanks again,
Beck.

There are downloads for plain Sims 2 that don't work in Uni, but mostly you
get bad objects (blue) rather than no objects.

I would physically check the contents of your downloads folder to make sure
things haven't been deleted and then run an object checker to see if they
are compatible or not. I think both Clean Installer and SimPE have object
checker functions.

--
Morituri Nolumus Mori - Rincewind, The Last Hero, Terry Pratchett

MM

"Beck" <invalid@invalid.invalid> wrote in message
> I decided to install University. I didn't have many families so I just
> backed up my downloads folder. Luckily because non of my downloads are in
> the game. Have they been deleted or are my Sims2 downloads not accepted in
> University?
> I know you cant put Uni downloads in Sims2 alone, but does that work the
> other way around?
> Thanks again,
> Beck.

beck

Distinguished
May 24, 2004

Ok. Where do I get these programs and how much are they roughly?
Thanks MM,
Beck.
> There are downloads for plain Sims 2 that don't work in Uni, but mostly
> you
> get bad objects (blue) rather than no objects.
>
> I would physically check the contents of your downloads folder to make
> sure
> things haven't been deleted and then run an object checker to see if they
> are compatible or not. I think both Clean Installer and SimPE have object
> checker functions.
>
> --
> Morituri Nolumus Mori - Rincewind, The Last Hero, Terry Pratchett
>
> MM
>

> "Beck" <invalid@invalid.invalid> wrote in message
>> I decided to install University. I didn't have many families so I just
>> backed up my downloads folder. Luckily because non of my downloads are in
>> the game. Have they been deleted or are my Sims2 downloads not accepted
>> in
>> University?
>> I know you cant put Uni downloads in Sims2 alone, but does that work the
>> other way around?
>> Thanks again,
>> Beck.

Betty

> Ok. Where do I get these programs and how much are they roughly?
> Thanks MM,
> Beck.

They're free, go to this site and look on the left hand side. This site
is very busy, if
you can't get to it, keep trying, it is a great site for everything
concerning Sims 2 and Uni.

http://www.modthesims2.com/

Betty

beck

Distinguished
May 24, 2004

I just downloaded Sims2Pack Clean Installer... I opened it and this error
came up: "The .NET Framework is not installed on this machine. You must
install it to continue with this installation."
I don't suppose you know what I need to do? Sorry :eek:(
Beck.

> I just downloaded Sims2Pack Clean Installer... I opened it and
> this error came up: "The .NET Framework is not installed on this
> machine. You must install it to continue with this installation."
> I don't suppose you know what I need to do? Sorry :eek:(

Install the Microsoft .NET framwork. You can find it at
microsoft.com

--
Mike
A bad random number generator: 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 4.33e+67, 1, 1, 1

(it comes from Microsoft). Install it. Be warned, it changes things around
a bit - if you're unsure whether you want it on your machine, do a search
and find out what it does. SimPE won't work without it - I'm told a lot of
programmes are being written now which will need it to run.

Oh, here's the direct link:

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=262d25e3-f589-4842-8157-034d1e7cf3a3&displaylang=en

Best wishes
Maxon

"Beck" <invalid@invalid.invalid> wrote in message
> I just downloaded Sims2Pack Clean Installer... I opened it and this error
> came up: "The .NET Framework is not installed on this machine. You must
> install it to continue with this installation."
> I don't suppose you know what I need to do? Sorry :eek:(
> Beck.
> "Betty" <bdj2005@nospamvalor.com> wrote in message
> >
> > "Beck" <invalid@invalid.invalid> wrote in message
> >> Ok. Where do I get these programs and how much are they roughly?
> >> Thanks MM,
> >> Beck.
> >
> > They're free, go to this site and look on the left hand side. This site
is
> > very busy, if
> > you can't get to it, keep trying, it is a great site for everything
> > concerning Sims 2 and Uni.
> >
> > http://www.modthesims2.com/
> >
> > Betty

beck

Distinguished
May 24, 2004

Ok will do, thanks.
Beck.
"Mike Andrade" <ma@box.invalid> wrote in message
> "Beck" <invalid@invalid.invalid> wrote in
>
>> I just downloaded Sims2Pack Clean Installer... I opened it and
>> this error came up: "The .NET Framework is not installed on this
>> machine. You must install it to continue with this installation."
>> I don't suppose you know what I need to do? Sorry :eek:(
>
> Install the Microsoft .NET framwork. You can find it at
> microsoft.com
>
> --
> Mike
> A bad random number generator: 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 4.33e+67, 1, 1, 1

beck

Distinguished
May 24, 2004

Ok, I will go and check it out before I download, but I'll probably get it.
Thanks for that info.
Beck.