j0K3rsa

Distinguished
Apr 23, 2011
Hi guys. I got a problem with my PC. My 320Gig HDD gave in on Tuesday 17th, and I got my new 500Gig seagate Sata 3 HDD on the Friday afterwards.
I put it in my PC today (sunday) and my PC just doesnt boot. I wanted to format, and reload Windows 7.
It boots the DVD, loads the files. Then it says "Starting Windows" like it would, and then my PC just resets, as though you pressed the reset button.
So, I started my own troubleshooting. It wasnt the DVD or DVD ROM. I checked my RAM, and even took out all my HDD's. Stil, does exactly the same. I even tried XP, yet, same story. The files do not copy to the HDD at all.
What else can I try ?

BaronMatrix

Splendid
Dec 14, 2005

Is the drive being recognized in the BIOS? You say the new drive is SATA3. Was the old drive SATA3?

j0K3rsa

Distinguished
Apr 23, 2011
The problem is that it is not booting, regardless if a HDD is connected or not. And, that got me thinking either SATA cables, or GPU. So, not sure... Its an Asus Rampage III Formula, wih Intel 960 i7.
3 Gig of ram, and a Leadtek GTX 260 Extreme+ screen card. My PC worked fine, no hassle, untill I removed my 320(sata2) and put in the 500(sata3). Now, it doesnt boot at all... It just says Starting Windows, and then, boom. Resets.