Asus LCD Monitor

dkenz

Distinguished
Jul 14, 2009
Have a question about my LCD monitor... its a ASUS VH236H 23" Monitor.

When i first got this monitor it was very awsome.. and still is... no dead pixels or nothing... I love the thing. But i've noticed some dark spots. There not dead pixels cause they still show color. But a few shades darker than the rest... its really only noticable when a white screen like a website is on the screen.... anything other than white I cant notice it. I got pry a 1 inch by 1/2 inch thing on lower right of the screen... and what looks like a 1 inch head on middle left of screen... again i can only see it when there is a white background. I had the monitor for about 6 months before it started doing it... which was about 2 months ago. When a white background is on... its like an extreme light shade of gray. Another reason i dont think its a dead pixels... cause it wouldn't be clumped up like that. I'm pretty sure there is nothing I can do to fix it.. i was just wondering if anyone can explain why that happened... was it something i did? Neither of the clumps touch the edge of the screen.. so its not any type of water or anything that I have spilt or anything.. that was my first guess. Any ideas?

Thanks

Zinosys

Distinguished
Jul 12, 2009
I can't explain what's happening, but you can try a couple of solutions.

First: did you ever clean the display with alcohol? That can dull the plastic cover.
Second: maybe it's a stuck pixel, if so: http://www.jscreenfix.com/

Try it out, and see what happens! Cheers.

dkenz

Distinguished
Jul 14, 2009
No I did everything I read about... cleaning it with a wet cloth... not even cloth.. its some kinda wierd fiber cloth that they use on glasses. I happen to have some old Cloth bags from old Oakley Sunglasses that is made of the same stuff. And as far as the stuck pixel.. that is the same as a dead pixel. Nothing is stuck... all pixels work just fine... there is just weird light gray blobs on my screen.. only when white is in the background. I'm sure its always there.. but I can only tell when white is on background.. that's how faint it is. From what I can tell.. something got behind the LCD plastic cover. Trying to think of a color it looks like.......... Ohh if any of you have ever tinted your windows.. you know 5-10% is like Limo tint. Those blobs are like 95%... Very very very light. Pry 5 times lighter than the color of raw beef. Friend of mine said it might be hotspots.... i've never heard of that on LCD...... I mean its as if i spilled something on it and it stained. I donno what the heck it is.

EDIT:
Look at
http://html-color-codes.com/

its like the color of CCF or FCC near the middle. But about twice as light... Those are based on 256 colors btw.
Very faint... only noticeable when a pure white screen is up

Zinosys

Distinguished
Jul 12, 2009
Stuck pixels and dead pixels are different, but this sounds interesting. I'm not quite sure what can cause this. is it only certain pixels, or a group of them clustered together?

G

I am having the same problem, I turned my moitor on about 5pm and it was not there, then around midnight the same night there it was,..I had left my game open that I was playing and went afk for a few min when i came back i turned the game off and then there it was,..it was kind of a 16th of an inch little circle that was transparent and the ring of the circle had a neon green glow to it. I only niticed it when I opened a word document and then there it was. I closed word and it was still there, then I reopened my game that i was playing earlier and it was gone,..I even opened a different game and still it was not there,..it only seems to be there at the desktop level and browser level.. I told my boyfriend about it and he said the same thing about a hotspot,..so now I am having to call ASUS and then Frys to see what can be done. hopefully I can get it replaced thru my warranty...
28262_1417908201241_1038717325_31071313_6633325_n.jpg

GunfighterJ

Distinguished
Jun 16, 2010
I have the exact same monitor and it works fine. How do you have it connected? Through HDMI, DVI, or VGA? You may have a defective port on your graphics card or monitor. Try switching to a different port and see what happens. I have mine hooked up through HDMI.