Sign in with
Your question

Looking For A Gaming 24" to 26" Monitor

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
January 9, 2010 12:30:40 AM

Unfortunately my Sony F520 doesn't work anymore, so I need to find a replacement. I'm a gamer and have no clue on the latest LCD monitors. What I'm looking for is a fast monitor, 24-26".

I've been hearing LCD's are mostly limited to 60Hz. On my CRT, 60Hz would tire my eyes. Do LCDs @60Hz have the same effect? I would appreciate the communities guidance.

**Note to admins. This section is Graphic & Displays, but there is no display sub-category.

More about : gaming monitor

a b Î Nvidia
a b C Monitor
January 9, 2010 3:32:18 AM

The general section rather than Nvidia would've been a good idea.
There are LCDs with up to 120hz refresh rates. What exactly is your budget?
January 9, 2010 3:56:11 AM

Price dont matter. Just looking for a 24-26" awesome LCD.
Related resources
a b Î Nvidia
a b C Monitor
January 9, 2010 6:28:52 AM

I'm probably not the one to ask about the really high end displays but I just checked my email and spotted this in a newegg promo;
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...
Nice price, good response time, the reviews look good and it's just huge.

Edit: Forgot the promo code for $20 off EMCLMLW35
a b Î Nvidia
a b 4 Gaming
a b C Monitor
January 9, 2010 6:37:23 PM

Bigger displays at the same resolution won't look as sharp. The human eye can discern individual pixels at about 96 ppi (pixels per inch). At smaller ppi's, you can see the spaces between the pixels and picture looms grainy. TA normal PC viewing distances, the larger the resolution, smaller the display, the sharper the piture looks.

If you are looking at 1920 x 1080 on a screen that will be a large distance from your eyes (> 24") then the grainy effects diminish.

The Asus 1920 x 1200 screens are the best buy among TN panels that I have seen. Where color accuracy is important, you'll want a IPS or S-PVA and the entry point there is the Dell U2410 (new model) and 2408 WFP (older), both about $510-599 depending on your timing.
a c 80 Î Nvidia
a b 4 Gaming
a c 123 C Monitor
January 9, 2010 9:20:48 PM

Hellbound said:
I've been hearing LCD's are mostly limited to 60Hz. On my CRT, 60Hz would tire my eyes. Do LCDs @60Hz have the same effect? I would appreciate the communities guidance.

You should not have any issues at 60Hz on an LCD like you do on the CRT. Unlike the CRT, which flashes the image to the screen and flicker off between updated frames, an LCD is solid state. It will not flicker black between frames, it just changes from one color directly to another with no flicker, so you won't experience the sore eye effect you get with the CRT at that refresh rate.
January 11, 2010 7:38:31 PM

Thanks for the replies. How do you guys feel about the Acer S243HL or the Acer GD245HQ?
!