Status
Not open for further replies.

drnick110

Honorable
Aug 22, 2012
I just bought an ASUS R500N laptop w/AMD 8A-4500M & 8GB RAM. I've noticed that performance seems a little slow at times (sometimes slower than the 3 yr. old Acer Aspire laptop w/1st gen. Core i3 that it replaced). I have this set for Maximum Performance in the Power4Gear Hybrid when it is plugged in. I believe the Turbo Core is enabled but can't find any utility to check the settings. I also can't find any settings for this in the BIOS setup, and I can't change any of the CPU settings in the BIOS. Is there a way to overclock this laptop through a software utility or in the BIOS?

linkshivank

Honorable
Oct 1, 2012

Same here I am stuck with an acer v3-551G and I too feel that it is slugish, did you find any work around for a performace boost?

drnick110

Honorable
Aug 22, 2012

Unfortunately it seems the new AMD A series CPU's are locked and there are currently no utilities to overclock this chipset. I hope AMD or some 3rd party releases an overclock utility soon because based on what I've read this APU can handle speeds up to 2.8 Ghz. If I had a choice I would set it to always run at 2.5 Ghz instead of its default 1.9 Ghz. I'll update this thread again if I ever find a utility.

Status
Not open for further replies.