How to overclock amd a8-4500m

Tags:
  • AMD
  • Laptops
  • Performance
  • Overclocking
Last response: in Overclocking
August 22, 2012 7:21:46 PM

I just bought an ASUS R500N laptop w/AMD 8A-4500M & 8GB RAM. I've noticed that performance seems a little slow at times (sometimes slower than the 3 yr. old Acer Aspire laptop w/1st gen. Core i3 that it replaced). I have this set for Maximum Performance in the Power4Gear Hybrid when it is plugged in. I believe the Turbo Core is enabled but can't find any utility to check the settings. I also can't find any settings for this in the BIOS setup, and I can't change any of the CPU settings in the BIOS. Is there a way to overclock this laptop through a software utility or in the BIOS?

More about : overclock amd 4500m

Best solution

a b À AMD
a c 242 K Overclocking
August 23, 2012 12:52:20 PM

no overclock for laptop
October 1, 2012 11:08:22 AM

drnick110 said:
I just bought an ASUS R500N laptop w/AMD 8A-4500M & 8GB RAM. I've noticed that performance seems a little slow at times (sometimes slower than the 3 yr. old Acer Aspire laptop w/1st gen. Core i3 that it replaced). I have this set for Maximum Performance in the Power4Gear Hybrid when it is plugged in. I believe the Turbo Core is enabled but can't find any utility to check the settings. I also can't find any settings for this in the BIOS setup, and I can't change any of the CPU settings in the BIOS. Is there a way to overclock this laptop through a software utility or in the BIOS?

Same here I am stuck with an acer v3-551G and I too feel that it is slugish, did you find any work around for a performace boost?
Score
Related resources
October 11, 2012 11:16:01 AM

linkshivank said:
Same here I am stuck with an acer v3-551G and I too feel that it is slugish, did you find any work around for a performace boost?

Unfortunately it seems the new AMD A series CPU's are locked and there are currently no utilities to overclock this chipset. I hope AMD or some 3rd party releases an overclock utility soon because based on what I've read this APU can handle speeds up to 2.8 Ghz. If I had a choice I would set it to always run at 2.5 Ghz instead of its default 1.9 Ghz. I'll update this thread again if I ever find a utility.
Score
October 11, 2012 11:16:32 AM

Best answer selected by drnick110.
Score
November 18, 2012 2:29:56 AM

What does it mean to overclock?

And Is A8 supposed to be faster than i3 but actually is slower than Intel960?
Score
!