Sign in with
Your question

I read / did the read this before you post sticky

Last response: in Systems
January 14, 2010 11:32:36 PM

OK, did a lot of reading on this forum before I decided to post.

To start off yes I read the sticky and went through the steps.

Problem: No video display on monitor when I try to boot. (both monitors 1 VGA, 1DVI work on this comp, so its not the monitor)

PSU Ultra LSP 650W
Mobo-GA-MA785GM-US2H
CPU AMD Athelon II X2 240
Memory G.Skill 2GB 240 pin DDR@ 800

Note* Vidcard is XFX HD-4670-ZDF2

I power on, The keyboard numlock/Caps/Scroll Lock flashs once. I hear 1 short beep.

CPU Fan is on.

*Neither the onboard video is displaying, nor the 4670 vid card.

This is my 3rd build in seven years (only build when I need to upgrade my comp) so im a little rusty.

And further testing that I can perform to see if I can get the display up so i can see whats going on in BIOS?

More about : read read post sticky

January 15, 2010 2:10:01 AM

2048475,1,548313 said:
OK, did a lot of reading on this forum before I decided to post.

To start off yes I read the sticky and went through the steps.

Problem: No video display on monitor when I try to boot. (both monitors 1 VGA, 1DVI work on this comp, so its not the monitor)

PSU Ultra LSP 650W
Mobo-GA-MA785GM-US2H
CPU AMD Athelon II X2 240
Memory G.Skill 2GB 240 pin DDR@ 800

Note* Vidcard is XFX HD-4670-ZDF2

I power on, The keyboard numlock/Caps/Scroll Lock flashs once. I hear 1 short beep.

CPU Fan is on.

*Neither the onboard video is displaying, nor the 4670 vid card.

This is my 3rd build in seven years (only build when I need to upgrade my comp) so im a little rusty.

And further testing that I can perform to see if I can get the display up so i can see whats going on in BIOS?

UPDATE FROM GIGABYTE TECH SUPPORT.

Ok so they got back to me quick.

uped the memory voltage and tested both sticks. got into bios with each seperatly and combined. Here is the key, XFX 4670 HD video card was removed , so this was via onboard video.

Sooooo. When I insert the video card I return to the problem I started with. No video display. So assumming I have not missed something how do I test if its the mobo interface or the video card?
m
l
!