How to install a 8400 gs graphics card

How do i install my graphics card. Do I need to uninstall the old card?
3 answers Last reply
More about install 8400 graphics card
  1. If you have an integrated you would have to disable it in device manager. If you have a discrete card you uninstall in device manager shut down remove the old card and install the new card boot up and install drivers for the new card.
  2. What computer are you doing this to? That will help alot. Basically it generically goes one of two ways:

For computer with a video card...
    1. uninstall video driver
    2. power down.
    3. remove old card
    4. install new card
    5. power up
    6. install drivers

For computer with integrated video on motherboard:
    1. power off computer
    2. install new video card
    3. power on computer and enter BIOS setup
    4. disable onboard video
    5. reboot computer
    6. install drivers
  3. rolli59 said:
    If you have an integrated you would have to disable it in device manager. If you have a discrete card you uninstall in device manager shut down remove the old card and install the new card boot up and install drivers for the new card.

I use device manager a good bit myself, but to "temporarily" disable devices for troubleshooting or for testing. For a permanent change I personally wouldn't recommend it but it would work just fine if you feel more comfortable doing it using this method.

The most success I had with this was because I was too lazy to remove a soundblaster card that there were no drivers for linux for on a dual boot computer. Instead of swapping the speaker cables every time i switched operating systems i just used device manager to disable the card and used onboard sound for both operating systems. Then when I finished with testing, to go back to using the soundblaster card I just enabled it in device manager and was done, no drivers to install or anything all over again.
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards Graphics