Can i use a yamaha sw1000xg with a i7 processor

Mickiboy

Distinguished
Mar 20, 2010
I have just had a new PC built for me with everything but sound card. I have a SX1000xg from my old PC . Will it be compatable with Windows 7 and a new i7 processor or can something better /knewer be recomended.

Mickiboy

Distinguished
Mar 20, 2010
Google has loads about the Yamaha SW1000xg (thats how I found this site) but there doesnt seem to be an answer to my question on the various Google links:(. I need a midi out and as useing Cubase / Wavlab etc I need a good sound for record & playback through my computer programs. One mate did say i shoudl get an external interface BUT once again I have no idea what to buy. I'm no electronic or computer wizkid, I am just masterring Cubase and useing copyright free samples but hope to expand on that. The onboard soundcard is very basic and has no midi out & in.
I'm stil in the dark lol.. but thanks anyway for your time mate:)

Petrofsky

Distinguished
Aug 22, 2008
First off, you identified your card as "SX1000xg" (which doesn't seem to exist) in your initial post. I found a page at Yamaha that says the drivers are at some other site, but when you click the link, you get sent to Placeholder Purgatory Bogus Webpage WTF, Inc. (I won't link to it because it looks a little fishy, but it's funny, if you want to look.) That's a great, big "F you" from Yamaha. Thanks for that, I know never to buy anything from them now. Use the Yamaha card for target practice, and poke around Newegg for a replacement. Even if you can't order from there, you can do some research.

G

Hi Mate
I have just bought a SW1000xg card on ebay and it works fine on Windows 7 so should work with your I7 processor. You will need to load XP drivers but they work with Win 7. The card will appear as Synth #1 and #2 in Cubase and you will need XGEdit to set up the patches. Any probs email me on pa2williams@gmail.com.