Sign in with
Your question

Do you leave water cool pc on or off

Last response: in Overclocking
August 23, 2012 9:55:14 AM

im building my first WC system and i remember reading online you need to leave your computer on all the time, is this true? i like to turn my computer off when i'm not home.

More about : leave water cool

a b K Overclocking
August 23, 2012 10:07:21 AM

You don't have to leave it on when your not at home.
m
l
a b K Overclocking
August 23, 2012 11:31:14 AM

the great hambino said:
im building my first WC system and i remember reading online you need to leave your computer on all the time, is this true? i like to turn my computer off when i'm not home.

You don't have to leave it on. If you do turn it off though certain anti-microbial tools may not work properly due to a lack of water circulation. In this case you may want to avoid using a kill-coil and opt for a biocide instead. If you want a watercooling solution that's maintenance free you can always use automotive antifreeze (50/50 or 75/25 mixtures of distilled water and ethlyene-glycol). Do not use Propylene-glycol based antifreeze
m
l
Related resources
August 23, 2012 5:23:15 PM

Pinhedd said:
You don't have to leave it on. If you do turn it off though certain anti-microbial tools may not work properly due to a lack of water circulation. In this case you may want to avoid using a kill-coil and opt for a biocide instead. If you want a watercooling solution that's maintenance free you can always use automotive antifreeze (50/50 or 75/25 mixtures of distilled water and ethlyene-glycol). Do not use Propylene-glycol based antifreeze

for solution im going to use distilled water with PTnuke, maybe some dye.
m
l
a b K Overclocking
August 23, 2012 5:42:35 PM

the great hambino said:
for solution im going to use distilled water with PTnuke, maybe some dye.

Don't bother with dye. I used it once, it eventually just faded and turned the water into a slightly off-piss colour
m
l
a b K Overclocking
August 23, 2012 5:44:28 PM

Nice LOL.
m
l
a b K Overclocking
August 23, 2012 5:56:37 PM

Depends on your dye, take a look around google for Mayhems dye. Looks sweet and so far has been getting rave reviews.
m
l
August 23, 2012 11:00:56 PM

i dont want piss color lol and ill look into the dye.
m
l
a c 190 K Overclocking
August 24, 2012 12:47:31 AM

Mine goes on sleep or gets turned off,
You only need the loop running when the Pc is creating heat, if the Pc is off it isn't so theres no need to have to loop endlessly pumping,
And mayhems are probably the best dye at the moment, but its still dye, and I wouldn't add anti_freeze to my loop, although I know some folks do, it dilutes the cooling potential of the water,
Check the sticky for a comparative table on thermal transference
Moto
m
l
a c 150 K Overclocking
August 24, 2012 1:09:34 AM

scopey86 said:
Depends on your dye, take a look around google for Mayhems dye. Looks sweet and so far has been getting rave reviews.

Gunks up your blocks :cry: 
m
l
!