sup3000639

Distinguished
Sep 18, 2010
Hi,

After getting my first custom build I knew I was going to overclock it.

Intel i5-3750K (41x100 @ 1.135v)

Corsair Vengeance 8 GB (1600 MHz 1.5v (stock))

Sapphire HD 7870 OC Edition (1190 MHz core clock, 1425 MHz memory clock)

I was surprised that the HD 7870 went that far and I started panicking. I think at the point of 1435-1450 MHz memory clock the OCCT test failed and orange/red lines showed up. But at 1425 Mhz nothing like that happened and it passed the 1 hour test of OCCT GPU. Before this overclock, I wanted to test the performance of the factory-OCed card and I downloaded 3DMark 11 Basic. It worked just fine, no problems whatsoever. But now with this overclock, when I start the Graphics Test 1 (not the Physics test!) the computer screen goes black and I can hear the video or film or whatever playing, so there is audio. I can't close the test or ctrl alt del or anything so I have to press the shut down button on my case. I've done this 3-4 times and I'm panicking. I have the last version of CCC and drivers and all that, I'm sure it has something to do with the OC! What should I do?

drums101

Distinguished
back your oc down to stock and then work your way up a little at a time....just bc it passed an hour of occt doesnt mean it is stable...start off at stock and work your way up like 10mhz or so at a time doing only core clock or only memory clock at once never both that introduces too many variables.