Sign in with
Your question

Best integrated graphics?

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
January 9, 2010 11:31:58 AM

Hi gyus (and girls if any)

What is to most powerfull igp on the market today?

I found this list http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/geforce-310-5970,24... but it is 6 months old, and a lot could have happend since then. According to the list, Nvidia 9400, ATI 4200 and ATI 3300 are almost equal. Have something new and better emerged since then, or are they still the best IGP's?

I am building a HTPC, and need a suitable motherboard with best possible igp. I have judged the ATOM cpu as being a little on the slow side, so I cant use the small ATOM/ION combo.

More about : integrated graphics

Anonymous
a b U Graphics card
January 9, 2010 11:45:17 AM

If you can wait 2 months until the new 890G motherboards are out, that will offer a pretty huge increase in performance over current igp's and dx11 too.

Right now there isn't much to choose between the 3300 and 9400. 3300's with sideport memory (some 790gx mobo's) generally perform best of all.
a c 189 U Graphics card
January 9, 2010 12:32:02 PM

But still, u can choose any IGP, it's only for HTPC, right?
Or some gaming too?
Related resources
January 9, 2010 12:51:14 PM

I might do a little gaming, but it will only be "social" games like worms, quiz-games and the likes. Nothing graphically demanding. I have no illusions of playing Crysis. I just wanted to make sure I did not buy some outdated igp, if something better was available.
a c 189 U Graphics card
January 9, 2010 12:58:52 PM

The IGP is still considerably weak, but for "social" games like you mentioned above then it's alright, the IGP can do that nicely... :) 
And yes, i agree with u, just stick with the latest tech, 3300 maybe...
!