Sign in with
Your question

SSD not showing up after MB BIOS update

Last response: in Storage
January 6, 2012 5:47:51 AM

I have a msi board that I used there live update software to update the bios on my MB to the latest version. After restarting my pc, on load up, my bios shows that I am missing my boot mngr and to press ctrl alt delete to reboot my system.

when my bios loaded back up again I hit F11 to get into my bios, a window pops up listing my SSD that I installed my OS on, my CD drive, and my storage drive, and to enter setup (bios screen). The storage HD and the CD drive are listed as connected with sata cables and my SSD is listed as "SO Vertex 3 etc".

If I click on the SSD in this window my system loads properly. Checking my bios my SSD is not even listed.

January 6, 2012 7:27:16 AM

stats:

INTEL BOX INTEL CI5 2500K
MSI Z68A-GD65 G3 1155 ATX
16 gigs G.SKILL F3-12800CL9D-8GBXL
OCZ Vertex 3 VTX3-25SAT3-60G 2.5" 60GB SATA III MLC Internal Solid State Drive (SSD)
Windows 7 64bit
m
l
January 6, 2012 7:40:51 AM

BIOS updates often reset settings. Check your SATA settings, especially boot order and if the SATA is set to IDE/RAID/AHCI.

It should be on AHCI, but if it;s on IDE, change to AHCI. If it's on AHCI, try changing to IDE.
m
l
January 9, 2012 5:53:51 AM

thank you for the reply, I went in to the BIOS and changed SATA back to AHCI and it worked...for a few days... However it is not showing up in the actually bios menu again and the BIOS settings are AHCI. Like before I can select the SSD in the pre bios window but when i enter the bios set up and check the boot order the SSD is no were to be found.
m
l
!