Your question

2500k overclocking voltages query.

Tags:
  • CPUs
  • Overclocking
Last response: in Overclocking
August 23, 2012 8:28:33 PM

Hi.
I'm new to over-clocking, but have been experimenting with it recently. I've been using this guide as a...well, as a guide for manual voltage ocing. I have an Asus P8P67 Rev 3.1 motherboard.

I've only gone for a conservative 4.0ghz overclock, left on auto, the cpu will run at 1.335 volts during intel burn test; although it appears it will run stable at 1.185v (and possibly less) with manual voltages. As I said, I am new to overclocking, but I'm wondering about manual/offset over-clocking(as in which should I pursue).

I've tried using an offset of -0.070v. With that offset, at load my cpu should be running on about 1.26volts. That would leave a load voltage of 1.260 against 1.185 offset/manual respectively. Does that seem right? Am I understanding things correctly? With that offset, idle voltages are at 0.928v.
I know every cpu behaves differently, but, as a general rule, is offset OC'ing something I should look into, if my auto voltage is that high at 4.0ghz (1.335v)? Realistically, how much more could I offset to get closer to 1.185 and still maintain idle voltage.

Sorry if this is a grossly over-asked question, but I keep reading lots of guides/threads, but I find it hard to get my head around. I suppose what I'm asking is this; given the meagre statistics I've provided, is it at all possible to estimate which method of overclocking would be 'best'. Given my completely inexperienced eye, trying to get my offset down to the 1.2 mark seems like a "bridge too far".

More about : 2500k overclocking voltages query

a b à CPUs
a b K Overclocking
August 24, 2012 12:11:29 PM

I'd say start at 1.24v and work your way up until stable. My 2600K will do 4.4 @ 1.28v (stock). Currently running stable @ 4.5 ghz 1.295v