Sign in with
Your question

Liquid cooling for ASRock x79 extreme 11

Last response: in Overclocking
August 23, 2012 8:51:03 PM

Hello, I'm installing liquid cooling blocks on my X79 extreme 11. What parts on this mb get the hottest aside from the cpu? I'm trying to get an idea what I need to cool.

More about : liquid cooling asrock x79 extreme

August 29, 2012 2:32:10 AM

patterj7 said:
Hello, I'm installing liquid cooling blocks on my X79 extreme 11. What parts on this mb get the hottest aside from the cpu? I'm trying to get an idea what I need to cool.

Why would you want to cool The chipset or anything on the mobo for that matter IMO id would just cool the CPU and GPU, anything else can be cooled passivly
Tell me why do you want to cool anything on the motherboard? Just Cause?
m
l
Related resources
August 29, 2012 3:12:55 AM

toolmaker_03 said:
well i cool my MOBO the mosfets northbridge and south bridge that is all that thay make water blocks for today.

here have a look at my build it is all water cooled, well that is what thay make blocks for anyways

http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/274855-29-experimenta...

yes tool maker ik :)  im just saying it isn't necessary, but you can if you want to
m
l
a b à CPUs
a b K Overclocking
August 29, 2012 3:30:24 AM

I don’t know if it helps but I do know that water cooling allows it to run cooler and that should translate into meaning that the system is more stable. I have no real data to support this other than, that under extreme clocking conditions cooling is necessary to maintain the stability of the system. It is only my personal opinion that it does help to some degree at this level to keep the mother board as cool as possible.
m
l
August 29, 2012 3:34:32 AM

toolmaker_03 said:
I don’t know if it helps but I do know that water cooling allows it to run cooler and that should translate into meaning that the system is more stable. I have no real data to support this other than, that under extreme clocking conditions cooling is necessary to maintain the stability of the system. It is only my personal opinion that it does help to some degree at this level to keep the mother board as cool as possible.

For benchers probably yes :D  or extreme overclocker
m
l
August 29, 2012 3:09:58 PM

id just do it with clear top blocks because it looks nicer than passive heatsinks.
m
l
August 29, 2012 5:05:23 PM

you need waterblocks for north bridge,south bridge and mosfet waterblocks for a motherboard
but for lga11 x79 platform there is only mosfet and southbridge waterblocks
so you will need a mosfet and southbridge waterblock for your mobo
m
l
a b à CPUs
a c 331 K Overclocking
August 29, 2012 5:49:35 PM

mukitbinazad said:
you need waterblocks for north bridge,south bridge and mosfet waterblocks for a motherboard
but for lga11 x79 platform there is only mosfet and southbridge waterblocks
so you will need a mosfet and southbridge waterblock for your mobo

You don't need them and they aren't going to benefit you a lot to watercool them...in most instances they will just add unneeded restriction into your loop. But, if you are set on doing so, I will agree with Multi, here...MOSFET and SB. You don't need RAM blocks at all; ever.
m
l
August 31, 2012 5:34:26 AM

toolmaker_03 said:
well i cool my MOBO the mosfets northbridge and south bridge that is all that thay make water blocks for today.

here have a look at my build it is all water cooled, well that is what thay make blocks for anyways

http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/274855-29-experimenta...

Cooling the north/south bridge's + mosfets sounds good. I'm going with an EK-Supremacy - Full Copper [3830046990587 for the cpu. Could you recommend blocks for the N+S bridge's n mosfets? What about the 2 PLX PEX 8747 bridges? WB for them?
m
l
August 31, 2012 5:37:41 AM

Giby said:
Why would you want to cool The chipset or anything on the mobo for that matter IMO id would just cool the CPU and GPU, anything else can be cooled passivly
Tell me why do you want to cool anything on the motherboard? Just Cause?

Mostly just because I want to.
m
l
a c 186 à CPUs
a c 150 K Overclocking
August 31, 2012 6:00:43 AM

The sinks look nicer....
m
l
a b à CPUs
a b K Overclocking
August 31, 2012 7:41:47 AM

Ok here is where it get technical there are two air coolers on the board now one at the top of the board above the cpu that one can be replaced by a koolance mosfet block but you need to know how long it is the other is the South/North bridge that can also be replaced but you need to know the distance between the holes currently being used to hold that air block on now here are some examples of the blocks that I am talking about but not necessarily the blocks that you need.

http://www.frozencpu.com/products/8289/koo-153/Koolance...

http://www.frozencpu.com/products/10224/ex-blc-711/Kool...

or

http://www.frozencpu.com/products/14801/ex-blc-1034/Koo...

With the right measurements blocks like these can be fitted to your board
m
l
September 3, 2012 9:11:20 PM

I have the Extreme 11 and too have been looking for some water blocks for southbridge and mosfets. Currently there are none made. Not sure if you can find a generic block for the mosfets are they are a 24+2 power phase design. Let me know if you do. For now I just mounted a fan directly above the VRMs. Good thing is the fan is sunk in so part of the fan blows on the front VRMs and the other on the backside VRMs, keeping them @ max temp of 54c durring stressing or long gaming sessions. Southbridge max temps are a little lower. These temps are all at my 3930k 5ghz 1.40v, CPU-Z showing 1.392 during load. Extreme 11 has been amazing and its 24+2 power design has given me a more stable lower voltage CPU OC than my previous RIVE.

Here is a pic of my current PC, still need to do some cable management. The CPU block light is blue and the case light is a black light. Not sure if I want to keep the black light yet, I thought the black light would make the water tubing glow, but it doesn't. You can barely see the 120mm fan mounted directly above VRMs. I put another 120mm to help southbridge and blow more air to my 4 sandwiched 670s(which actually run pretty cool even OC'd max 65c).

CPU-Z validation
http://valid.canardpc.com/show_oc.php?id=2491176

Here is a pic of my current PC, still need to do some cable management. The CPU block light is blue and the case light is a black light. Not sure if I want to keep the black light yet, I thought the black light would make the white water tubing glow, but it doesn't. This was my first water loop. So much fun! XSPC Raystorm/ EX360 Rad/ D5 Vario.
m
l
December 30, 2013 12:19:36 PM

EK now has one : EK ASRock Z77 Extreme11 Motherboard Liquid Cooling Block
m
l
December 31, 2013 8:18:27 AM

tyranthoth said:

That is for the Z77 Extreme 11 not the X79 Extreme 11, very different, or am I mistaken?
m
l
January 3, 2014 8:32:23 PM

007Standing said:
tyranthoth said:

That is for the Z77 Extreme 11 not the X79 Extreme 11, very different, or am I mistaken?

Hello!
Thank you but that is a different block. I do really need one for the X79 Extreme 11 though. I hope someone makes one soon.
m
l
!