iv just updated my pc-my spec
win xp home 32 bit
psu 600 w
pc spec is amd 6000 x2 64 bit
8800gtx graphics card
2gb ram(waitin on mre comin )
240 gb harddrive
dual layer writer
its come back from pc shop it had 4gb ram in but both goosed so put in 2gb (new) ram until new ram has come.
but i keep gettin the blue screen of death when im on facebook (farmville,fishville,ifarm)can anyone help me out please i need a bit of help before i take it back to shop.
is it worth puttin in vista/7 in 32 or 64 bit just need help with the blue screen of death driving me mad.
thankz

More about : pc

January 15, 2010 12:06:38 PM

What BSOD error are you getting? when was the last time you checked for updates on your computer? Does it only happen on facebook games, how about if the computer is just running for a while? Have you checked your temps to make sure the computer is not just overheating?
a c 84 B Homebuilt system
January 15, 2010 12:11:37 PM

To continue the simple questions, have you run a recently updated virus scan? Did you put in the proper type of RAM? What did you send it to the shop to fix?
Related resources
a b B Homebuilt system
January 15, 2010 12:13:35 PM

BSOD's are most commonly caused by RAM problems. What 2GB RAM kit did you get? Did you manually set the RAM speed/timings/voltage to the recommended specs in the BIOS? Have you run Memtest86+ overnight to test for RAM errors?

Here's more information on BSOD's.

http://www.maximumpc.com/article/features/blue_screen_s...
January 15, 2010 12:56:05 PM

scarletvw said:
What BSOD error are you getting? when was the last time you checked for updates on your computer? Does it only happen on facebook games, how about if the computer is just running for a while? Have you checked your temps to make sure the computer is not just overheating?

these are some of the writing coming up
page default in nonpaged area
pfn list corrupt
irql less or equal
put in new 2gb ram
put in fresh instaltion of win xp home
it happens on facebook -when playing on the games
updates are on pc (last updated 13-01-2010)
pc running all the time
will vista or 7 because ive been told win 7 finds all the drivers
January 15, 2010 1:03:34 PM

Sounds like either the RAM or an overheating CPU is the problem.

Out of curiosity, how full is your harddrive? I noticed on my old computer that I was getting those same 3 messages when my HDD was almost entirely full, and they disappeared once I deleted a bunch of stuff.
January 15, 2010 1:04:12 PM

shortstuff_mt said:
BSOD's are most commonly caused by RAM problems. What 2GB RAM kit did you get? Did you manually set the RAM speed/timings/voltage to the recommended specs in the BIOS? Have you run Memtest86+ overnight to test for RAM errors?

Here's more information on BSOD's.

http://www.maximumpc.com/article/features/blue_screen_s...

just got 2gb ram(Product Name: ADATA 2GB DDR2 800 PC6400 OEM)
how do you set the ram speed/timings/voltage to the recommended specs in bios
were do you get memtest86+ from
iwas thinking of puttin win vista or 7 in because i been told that they find the drivers
pc is 64bit amd
thankz
January 15, 2010 1:06:41 PM

MadAdmiral said:
Sounds like either the RAM or an overheating CPU is the problem.

Out of curiosity, how full is your harddrive? I noticed on my old computer that I was getting those same 3 messages when my HDD was almost entirely full, and they disappeared once I deleted a bunch of stuff.

hardrdive is split 60gb for windows & 180gb for all my files
how do you check cpu is overheatin what software can i use
thankz
a b B Homebuilt system
January 15, 2010 1:10:08 PM

Which RAM kit do you have? All three of these match your description.

A-DATA 2GB (2 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory Model ADQVE1A16KG - Retail

A-DATA 2GB 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) Desktop Memory Model ADQVE1B16 - Retail

A-DATA 2GB (2 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory Model ADQVE1A16K - Retail

The RAM will have a sticker on the side that lists their rated timings and voltage. You'll have to check your motherboard owners manual on how to set the values in the BIOS. You didn't list what motherboard you have.

You can download an ISO image of Memtest86+ from www.memtest.org and burn it to a CD. You then boot the computer from the CD and the memory test starts automatically. You should let it run for multiple hours to fully test the RAM. I usually let it run overnight.
January 15, 2010 1:18:06 PM

dodger_34 said:
hardrdive is split 60gb for windows & 180gb for all my files

That didn't answer my question. Go to "My Computer" and look at how much free space you have left. I was under 4 GB free on an 60 GB HDD.

Also, for temperature of the CPU, use Prime95 and Real Temp. Links to the software can be found under Step 10 of the Step-By-Step Guide to Building a PC sticky.
January 15, 2010 1:27:28 PM

shortstuff_mt said:
Which RAM kit do you have? All three of these match your description.

A-DATA 2GB (2 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory Model ADQVE1A16KG - Retail

A-DATA 2GB 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) Desktop Memory Model ADQVE1B16 - Retail

A-DATA 2GB (2 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory Model ADQVE1A16K - Retail

The RAM will have a sticker on the side that lists their rated timings and voltage. You'll have to check your motherboard owners manual on how to set the values in the BIOS. You didn't list what motherboard you have.

You can download an ISO image of Memtest86+ from www.memtest.org and burn it to a CD. You then boot the computer from the CD and the memory test starts automatically. You should let it run for multiple hours to fully test the RAM. I usually let it run overnight.

motherboard is Biostar MCP6P-M2+ AMD AM2+ Motherboard nVidia 6150 Gfx
ram is A-DATA_2GB_DDR2_800-_-20-211-272-_-Product]A-DATA 2GB 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400)
a b B Homebuilt system
January 15, 2010 1:31:52 PM

That RAM is rated at the DDR2 standard 1.8v, so it probably doesn't need tweaked in the BIOS. I would start off with an overnight run of Memtest86+.
January 15, 2010 1:36:56 PM

shortstuff_mt said:
That RAM is rated at the DDR2 standard 1.8v, so it probably doesn't need tweaked in the BIOS. I would start off with an overnight run of Memtest86+.

ok cheers m8
!