GTS 250 Green 1Gb Need Advice!!!!!

martin2k8

Distinguished
Jan 9, 2010
I have built computer with ASUS M4A785D-M PRO motherboard its all up and running as it should I'm running vista 64-bit,problem is I just bought a GTS 250 Green 1Gb and I cant install it I have tryed everything could you please help me or advice me how to make it work? This motherboard has got ATI graphic but GTS 250 is Nvidia so does anyone know how you can disable onboard graphic in bios i cant find anything in bios..Thanks alot..
My spec:
ASUS M4A785D-M PRO motherboard
AMD Athlon II X3 2.70Ghz
4 Gb Crucial Ram
500W PSU

beardcombover

Distinguished
Dec 22, 2009
Go into your device manager and see which devices are listed by pressing the +. If you see anything related to ATI...disable it (enable your new card), then go to your programs and features and get rid of ATI related software (watch out though, your processor is AMD...so don't get too happy in there! On startup, go into bios (F1 or F10 repeatedly) and go to advanced and select PCI Express as your graphics default. When you restart, you should have some ancient resolution on your screen, pop in your driver disk and you should be fine.

martin2k8

Distinguished
Jan 9, 2010
When i insert the cd driver which came with the card its sais NOT SUITABLE HARDWARE FOUND..i tyed to reaseted the GTS couple time but it is still same,either system or bios can see anything in PCi-E slot..its really strange..yeasterday i reset CMOS but still everything is same..THE GTS is powered from PSU with 6-pin connector and its spinning as it should..any ideas??

martin2k8

Distinguished
Jan 9, 2010
I already tryed it all by disabling onboard graphic in bios, 6-pin power connector is plug in,but when im goin to install driver it wont let me its saying not suitable driver for your hardware (this driver cd came with the GTS 250 in the box)

martin2k8

Distinguished
Jan 9, 2010
I Have download it latest drivers 195.62 from Nvidia's website and tryed to install it and it showed this message --The nvidia setup could not locate any drivers related to your currenc hardware,setup will now exit--....??

martin2k8

Distinguished
Jan 9, 2010
Thnaks for your advice and yes my card is GTS 250 green edition 1Gb...i starting thinking that myabe the card is faulty or do you thing my PCI-E slot could be faulty??
My motherboard is ASUS M4A785D-M Pro and I bought it new for christmas so few weeks back..

martin2k8

Distinguished
Jan 9, 2010
well i have a spare computer and i just tryed this GTS 250 in my spare pc it didnt work aswell so i will have to send it back to overclocker hope they will send me a new one...

martin2k8

Distinguished
Jan 9, 2010
I have sent the GTS 250 back and they replaced it with new one, got it 2day tryed it on but it's same as before,either bios or OS doesn't want to pick it up any GTS 250 it wont find it so i really dont know now..
There is a 2 6-pin connectors does any1 know if i have to plug both of them i have 500W PSU..I have just 1 6-pin connector so I'm thinkin that my PSU its maybe to low or I need have 2 6-pin plugged in?????
Any ideas?

G

Hi martin2k8.......did you ever find a solution to this? I am having a similar issue... I have installed GTS250 into the Asus M4A785D-M PRO motherboard. I have plugged in my monitor and do get a picture, but it is blinking. When i run a diagnostic tool, the GTS card is not seen anywhere (even thought the monitor is plugged into it). However the onboard ATI HD4200 graphics card is recognised. Clearly the onboard graphics needs to be turned off, but I cannot see anywhere in the bios to turn it off. I have even done a driver sweeper and removed ALL ATI and NVIDIA drivers and leftovers....then installed fresh nvidia driver... but the system still only sees the onboard ATI card.