Sign in with
Your question

Gateway MX6920 Device Manager ? Other Device Mass Storage Controller Missing Dev

Last response: in Windows XP
August 11, 2012 1:25:10 PM

Hello Folks,
Gateway makes things difficult. I'm looking for a Mass Storage device driver.

It's listed in Win XP, inside of the Device Manager as ?- Other Devices - Mass Storage Controller.

I've been to Gateway, their site sucks. Downloaded and installed their driver using part number and Model Number. No Joy.

Been to Intel (good folks) but auto search cannot find any particular driver.

I need a clue. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you
August 11, 2012 5:35:59 PM

Dear formerly confused; now barely enlightened, People would you normally associate Other Devices/Mass Storage controller with a card slot driver. Not me said the horses ass of the day. I deleted the offending items driver both from the Device panael and the windows installer (Your uninstaller is not yet installed)

The saw it among my downloads, nearly deleted it cuz I thought it was covered, it wasn't; was using the generic windows drivers instead. Clicked on it out of desperation. Rebooted the stupid laptop and wonder of wonders it had fixed itself.

The object to the exercise NOW is to never go Gateway, what a pain in the ass.

PS. There is a little good news to share from the time I spent messing around here. I got to help a few folks around that knew less than me. Go figure <laffin> Later guys thanks for the all...
m
l
!