No Bills

I was starting to think this was nice, no bills. Then I got a message saying
if I didn't my bills I would be in trouble. Thing is, the mail person
doesn't come to my place anymore. This is Sims 2.
What can I do about this?
Beck.
16 answers Last reply
More about bills

    "Beck" <invalid@invalid.invalid> wrote in

    > I was starting to think this was nice, no bills. Then I got a
    > message saying if I didn't my bills I would be in trouble. Thing
    > is, the mail person doesn't come to my place anymore. This is Sims
    > 2. What can I do about this?
    > Beck.

    Remove the hack that allowed you to have "no bills."

    --
    Mike
    "A fool and his money are soon elected."

    Beck wrote:
    > I was starting to think this was nice, no bills. Then I got a message saying
    > if I didn't my bills I would be in trouble. Thing is, the mail person
    > doesn't come to my place anymore. This is Sims 2.
    > What can I do about this?
    > Beck.

    Do any other NPCs turn up.. i.e. does the maid or gardener come.
    If you have neither, order a pizza and see if it turns up

    What hack?! I didn't use any!?
    Beck.
    "Mike Andrade" <ma@box.invalid> wrote in message
    > "Beck" <invalid@invalid.invalid> wrote in
    >
    >> I was starting to think this was nice, no bills. Then I got a
    >> message saying if I didn't my bills I would be in trouble. Thing
    >> is, the mail person doesn't come to my place anymore. This is Sims
    >> 2. What can I do about this?
    >> Beck.
    >>
    > Remove the hack that allowed you to have "no bills."
    >
    > --
    > Mike
    > "A fool and his money are soon elected."
    > - Will Rogers

    Did you download one with a lot? You might not think so but a lot gets put
    into the lot package files that you don't expect.

    Best wishes
    Maxon

    "Beck" <invalid@invalid.invalid> wrote in message
    > What hack?! I didn't use any!?
    > Beck.

    "Beck" <invalid@invalid.invalid> wrote in

    > What hack?! I didn't use any!?
    > Beck.

    Either you used a hack or you have a serious bug.

    --
    Mike
    A bad marriage is like a horse with a broken leg, you can shoot the

    I actually haven't downloaded any lots or houses (I never got into it much,
    like to make my own). I have downloaded objects and skins, could this have
    done it?
    Thanks,
    Beck.
    > Did you download one with a lot? You might not think so but a lot gets put
    > into the lot package files that you don't expect.
    >
    > Best wishes
    > Maxon
    >
    > "Beck" <invalid@invalid.invalid> wrote in message
    >> What hack?! I didn't use any!?
    >> Beck.

    OK - well try Various Simmers or Mod the Sims - I've a feeling I've heard
    about a bug like this before.

    Although you should have a good look around on the lot to check one of your
    sims hasn't independently put them somewhere 'safe' for you. They have a
    tendency to do that if you don't micromanage all their activities. They
    like to put bills on desks and/or endtables best, so it's a good idea to put
    one somewhere close to the front door (some people put them in the garden
    next to the mailbox).

    DL skins and objects shouldn't import anything else into the game - it's the
    lots that cause the trouble.

    > I actually haven't downloaded any lots or houses (I never got into it
    much,
    > like to make my own). I have downloaded objects and skins, could this have
    > done it?
    > Thanks,
    > Beck.
    > > Did you download one with a lot? You might not think so but a lot gets
    put
    > > into the lot package files that you don't expect.
    > >
    > > Best wishes
    > > Maxon
    > >
    > > "Beck" <invalid@invalid.invalid> wrote in message
    > >> What hack?! I didn't use any!?
    > >> Beck.

    Is the mailbox still there? If it is you might need the hack macrotastics
    to seek out and pay bills. It's good for homework too when they put it down
    where you can't find it. After downloading it you can fight click on a sim,
    choose macro and perform functions such as pay bills, do homework, clean
    etc.

    "Beck" <invalid@invalid.invalid> wrote in message
    >I was starting to think this was nice, no bills. Then I got a message
    >saying if I didn't my bills I would be in trouble. Thing is, the mail
    >person doesn't come to my place anymore. This is Sims 2.
    > What can I do about this?
    > Beck.

    I will check around, I usually don't let my Sims pee without permission, but
    maybe they were sneaky lol.
    Thanks for that, I didn't think that my Sims may have done that.
    Beck.
    > OK - well try Various Simmers or Mod the Sims - I've a feeling I've heard
    > about a bug like this before.
    >
    > Although you should have a good look around on the lot to check one of
    > your
    > sims hasn't independently put them somewhere 'safe' for you. They have a
    > tendency to do that if you don't micromanage all their activities. They
    > like to put bills on desks and/or endtables best, so it's a good idea to
    > put
    > one somewhere close to the front door (some people put them in the garden
    > next to the mailbox).
    >
    > DL skins and objects shouldn't import anything else into the game - it's
    > the
    > lots that cause the trouble.
    >
    > Best wishes
    > Maxon
    >

    > "Beck" <invalid@invalid.invalid> wrote in message
    >> I actually haven't downloaded any lots or houses (I never got into it
    > much,
    >> like to make my own). I have downloaded objects and skins, could this
    >> have
    >> done it?
    >> Thanks,
    >> Beck.
    >> "Maxon" <jen.magson@NOSPAMntlworld.com> wrote in message
    >> > Did you download one with a lot? You might not think so but a lot gets
    > put
    >> > into the lot package files that you don't expect.
    >> >
    >> > Best wishes
    >> > Maxon
    >> >
    >> > "Beck" <invalid@invalid.invalid> wrote in message

    Well if that's the case, I have a serious bug. I have not used a single hack
    yet in Sims 2.

    > "Beck" <invalid@invalid.invalid> wrote in
    >
    >> What hack?! I didn't use any!?
    >> Beck.
    >
    > Either you used a hack or you have a serious bug.
    >
    >> "Mike Andrade" <ma@box.invalid> wrote in message
    >>> "Beck" <invalid@invalid.invalid> wrote in

    >>> Remove the hack that allowed you to have "no bills."
    >>>
    >>> --
    >>> Mike
    >>> "A fool and his money are soon elected."
    >>> - Will Rogers
    >>>

    > --
    > Mike
    > A bad marriage is like a horse with a broken leg, you can shoot the
    > horse, but it dont fix the leg.

    Yep, I get the gardener and I have called a repairman who has also turned
    up.
    Thanks,
    Beck.
    "Chris B" <zen19389@zen.co.uk> wrote in message
    > Beck wrote:
    >> I was starting to think this was nice, no bills. Then I got a message
    >> saying if I didn't my bills I would be in trouble. Thing is, the mail
    >> person doesn't come to my place anymore. This is Sims 2.
    >> What can I do about this?
    >> Beck.
    >
    > Do any other NPCs turn up.. i.e. does the maid or gardener come.
    > If you have neither, order a pizza and see if it turns up

    Yep, mailbox and Bin are there.
    How does this hack work? (just in case nothing else does).
    Beck.
    "janice" <noway@nohow.com> wrote in message
    > Is the mailbox still there? If it is you might need the hack macrotastics
    > to seek out and pay bills. It's good for homework too when they put it
    > down where you can't find it. After downloading it you can fight click on
    > a sim, choose macro and perform functions such as pay bills, do homework,
    > clean etc.
    >

    > "Beck" <invalid@invalid.invalid> wrote in message
    >>I was starting to think this was nice, no bills. Then I got a message
    >>saying if I didn't my bills I would be in trouble. Thing is, the mail
    >>person doesn't come to my place anymore. This is Sims 2.
    >> What can I do about this?
    >> Beck.

    I have had this house going for a few sim weeks and only received bills the
    first 2 weeks or so, then nothing. I thought there was something funny, but
    also thought I may have just misjudged the days and they weren't due yet.
    Until I got that message.
    Beck.

    "Harvis" <sallytessierNOSPAM@rogers.com> wrote in message
    > This happened to me once- I didn't realise that the sim had gotten the
    > bills herself and laid them on the lawn. This particular house has busy
    > landscaping, so I didn't see the bills on the ground. When I got the
    > message saying that the bills were past due, I searched the lot inch by
    > inch and found them. Are you sure they didn't receive any bills?
    >
    > Sally
    >
    > "Beck" <invalid@invalid.invalid> wrote in message
    >>I was starting to think this was nice, no bills. Then I got a message
    >>saying if I didn't my bills I would be in trouble. Thing is, the mail
    >>person doesn't come to my place anymore. This is Sims 2.
    >> What can I do about this?
    >> Beck.

    You install it into the downloads folder and use it as you wish by clicking
    on any sim and choosing macro then an option. Only adult sims and teenagers
    (I think) can pay bills) but children get the do homework option which is
    nice not having to hunt for it. There are other options such as clean or
    garden as well as procrastinate and concentrate though I haven't tried them
    to see what they do. If there are no bills to pay or no homework those
    options won't appear.

    > Yep, mailbox and Bin are there.
    > How does this hack work? (just in case nothing else does).
    > Beck.
    > "janice" <noway@nohow.com> wrote in message
    >> Is the mailbox still there? If it is you might need the hack
    >> macrotastics to seek out and pay bills. It's good for homework too when
    >> they put it down where you can't find it. After downloading it you can
    >> fight click on a sim, choose macro and perform functions such as pay
    >> bills, do homework, clean etc.
    >>

    >> "Beck" <invalid@invalid.invalid> wrote in message
    >>>I was starting to think this was nice, no bills. Then I got a message
    >>>saying if I didn't my bills I would be in trouble. Thing is, the mail
    >>>person doesn't come to my place anymore. This is Sims 2.
    >>> What can I do about this?
    >>> Beck.

    So I came here and made a big fuss thinking something terrible would happen
    if I didn't get bills, you have all given good advice too. So while my Sims
    were at work, I put the game on normal speed and scanned the lot for bills.
    The postman turned up while I was looking. Very odd.
    Anyway its apparently fixed.
    I'll still keep all your ideas in case of another issue like this.

    On Wed, 29 Jun 2005 20:50:00 GMT, janice <noway@nohow.com> wrote:

    > You install it into the downloads folder and use it as you wish by
    > clicking
    > on any sim and choosing macro then an option. Only adult sims and
    > teenagers
    > (I think) can pay bills) but children get the do homework option which is
    > nice not having to hunt for it. There are other options such as clean or
    > garden as well as procrastinate and concentrate though I haven't tried
    > them
    > to see what they do. If there are no bills to pay or no homework those
    > options won't appear.

    Yeah, there's a bunch of macros you can download, some of them more useful
    than others. I was amused by the alarm clock that also made people go to
    bed in the night, calculating the necessary sleep time depending on your
    type of bed. Of course, having toddlers messes that up royally... Or you
    could save the expense of a bed and just use the Caffeinate macro that
    makes your Sim drink coffee, run to the bathroom, run back to drink more
    coffee etc until fully awake. :D Like a cheat, only it doesn't actually
    save much time, and it's more amusing.

    A genuinely useful idea is the yakyak thing that lets you call your
    friends starting automagically with those who are in danger of falling off
    your friends list, and then working your way up. Also it skips all the
    pointless messages about people being at work, it just calls the next
    person, also you don't have to decide whether or not to invite every one
    of them. That one's a keeper, at least if you are in politics or
    entertainment. ^_^

    good sign." -G

Sims Games Video Games