Over clcking NVIDIA GTX 520 2 GB DDR3

sumpattn

Honorable
Aug 22, 2012
Dear All,
I want to over clock in safe limits for GPU, Can any one tell me howmuch I can and in what ways I can overclock this GPU please?

my system details are given below:

Processor: AMD Athlon 64x2 4000+
MOBO : Asus M2N- MX - SE EDITION
customed CPU cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO Cooler
Ram : Transcend 2x2 667 =4GB
GPU : NVIDIA GT520 2GB DDR3

Please help!

Best wishes $ advance thanks!
Suman

sumpattn

Honorable
Aug 22, 2012
Hi Trapper
Thanks for the reply!
I am using Version 301.42 for Win 7 32 bit OS. its not having a fan. but to safeguard I have installed 120 mm Cool master fan facing it to reduce the GPU temperature further low. It displays 40 degree max in normal usage, and playing hih end games it hits 46~47 degree max.

Please advice!

sumpattn

Honorable
Aug 22, 2012
Hi Trapper
Thanks for the reply!
I am using Version 301.42 for Win 7 32 bit OS. its not having a fan. but to safeguard I have installed 120 mm Cool master fan facing it to reduce the GPU temperature further low. It displays 40 degree max in normal usage, and playing hih end games it hits 46~47 degree max.
Link for the GPU to view more details:
http://in.asus.com/Graphics_Cards/NVIDIA_Series/ENGT520_SLDI2GD3LP/#download
Please advice!

trapper

Distinguished
Jun 23, 2005
Your best bet is to increase the speed by 25mhz on the core clock and then to test with FurMark after each increase. Being a passivly cooled GPU (no built in fan) you'll likely not get much of an increase while keeping it cool and stable. But even a slight increase will give you some performance boosts in games and other graphical programs.

Use MSI afterburner to manage your OC: http://download1.msi.com/files/downloads/uti_exe/vga/MSIAfterburnerSetup210.zip

mrbeanladen

Distinguished
Jan 16, 2012
Yea, do that, then after you reach the maximum OC go download FURMARK, (http://www.geeks3d.com/20120510/furmark-1-10-1-gpu-burn-in-stress-test-videocard-geforce-radeon/) the latest version, and see if it's stable for a couple of minutes, like 5 or even 10+ if you want to be sure, but closely look at the temperature and other values in the furmark window, if you see "core: 899 (throttling" and you put in 900mhz or something like that then you must lower it until it's stable, if it throttles itself then it must mean it's unstable for gaming, and look at the temperature too, it shouldn't be something absurd like 90-100, if It's lower than 80 I think it's perfect. Idle should be around 30-40 I guess. If it's stable in furmark for 10mins then no game should cause it to overheat, shut down or anything like that. Also don't increase voltage yet, I don't think it can be of much use except to cause heat in your card, or stability issues.

Also why does it need 2gb? makes me wonder, not even most gtx580 had that ram in the 5xx generation, it had 1.5 i recall. I know it's slower gddr3 but it's obviously not built for running games on 3 monitors... It's like cooling your HDD with liquid helium, why? It's completely useless and lower memory could've probably made the card be more "green". For anybody reading this thread: memory means nothing, just look at benchmarks if you want a good card. Look at a game you like and look at its benchmarks if card X has 60fps or 120fps if you have a 3d monitor, then it's perfect. Yes I know memory matters but most midrange/highend have an abundance of free memory in any game except at gargantuan resolution, but if you've got the money and will to get 3 monitors, then you probably know what card's the best at playing games on that.

Don't need Furmark, people have learned that some cards tend to be stable when running that "power virus" only to crash in games. Best bet is to test with an actual game or with a Cuda or physx application.