no pictures in my sims memories ARRRgGGGgg

Last response: in Video Games
June 28, 2005 1:55:19 PM

Hi all I have a big problem :(

I created a new neighborhood and moved all my favorite Sims into it. I knew
I would loose friends and family etc, but how come my Sims memories are now
blank green and red squares. They don't have any pictures in their memories
nor do they get any pictures with their new memories. Any way to fix this?

tyvm,

--
Isabeau :)

~*~ Credendo Vides ~*~
'by believing, one sees'
Anonymous
June 28, 2005 9:07:55 PM

"Isabeau" <isabeau13@comcast.net> wrote in message
news:o -WdnbO0ddOcHFzfRVn-pA@comcast.com...
> Hi all I have a big problem :(
>
> I created a new neighborhood and moved all my favorite Sims into it. I
> knew
> I would loose friends and family etc, but how come my Sims memories are
> now
> blank green and red squares. They don't have any pictures in their
> memories
> nor do they get any pictures with their new memories. Any way to fix this?
>
> tyvm,

This worked for me. It also fixed the problem with the car pool not turning
up sometimes.

http://forums.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=50905&hi...
--
/|_|\ /|_|\

Coats
I'm the man in this house so I always get the last word -"Yes, dear"
Anonymous
June 29, 2005 9:07:27 AM

Oh tyvm it worked like a charm, I now have pictures in my simmies thought
bubbles as well as the pictures in their memories.

I also noted that there is a bug in the game that the sims do not change
into their work clothes when they go to work, I seem to have this one too
:(  lol. Do you know of a way to fix this one too?

tyvm :)

--
Isabeau :)

~*~ Credendo Vides ~*~
'by believing, one sees'
"coats" <cathy@cathy-jones.NOSPAM.co.uk.PLEASE> wrote in message
news:D 9s02m$ksm$1@odyssey.colin-jones.co.uk...

> "Isabeau" <isabeau13@comcast.net> wrote in message
> news:o -WdnbO0ddOcHFzfRVn-pA@comcast.com...
> > Hi all I have a big problem :(
> >
> > I created a new neighborhood and moved all my favorite Sims into it. I
> > knew
> > I would loose friends and family etc, but how come my Sims memories are
> > now
> > blank green and red squares. They don't have any pictures in their
> > memories
> > nor do they get any pictures with their new memories. Any way to fix
this?

> > tyvm,
>
> This worked for me. It also fixed the problem with the car pool not
turning
> up sometimes.

http://forums.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=50905&hi...
> --
> /|_|\ /|_|\
>
> Coats
> I'm the man in this house so I always get the last word -"Yes, dear"

Related resources
June 29, 2005 2:28:41 PM

Isabeau, I've just now noticed these 2 bugs too. Seems like they've just
now cropped up in my game.
I thought at first it might have been a hack I had.

Betty

> Oh tyvm it worked like a charm, I now have pictures in my simmies
> thought
> bubbles as well as the pictures in their memories.
>
> I also noted that there is a bug in the game that the sims do not
> change
> into their work clothes when they go to work, I seem to have this one
> too
> :(  lol. Do you know of a way to fix this one too?
>
> tyvm :)
>
> --
> Isabeau :)
>
> ~*~ Credendo Vides ~*~
> 'by believing, one sees'
> "coats" <cathy@cathy-jones.NOSPAM.co.uk.PLEASE> wrote in message
> news:D 9s02m$ksm$1@odyssey.colin-jones.co.uk...
>>
>> "Isabeau" <isabeau13@comcast.net> wrote in message
>> news:o -WdnbO0ddOcHFzfRVn-pA@comcast.com...
>> > Hi all I have a big problem :(
>> >
>> > I created a new neighborhood and moved all my favorite Sims into
>> > it. I
>> > knew
>> > I would loose friends and family etc, but how come my Sims memories
>> > are
>> > now
>> > blank green and red squares. They don't have any pictures in their
>> > memories
>> > nor do they get any pictures with their new memories. Any way to
>> > fix
> this?
>> >
>> > tyvm,
>>
>> This worked for me. It also fixed the problem with the car pool not
> turning
>> up sometimes.
>>

> http://forums.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=50905&hi...
>> --
>> /|_|\ /|_|\
>>
>> Coats
>> I'm the man in this house so I always get the last word -"Yes, dear"

Anonymous
June 29, 2005 2:30:27 PM

I had the problem too with my Sims not changing for work or school at the
same time I had the same problem with memories and thoughts not showing up.
The fix at the MTS2 website fixed everything for me including the clothing
issues and the memories issues.

"Isabeau" <isabeau13@comcast.net> wrote in message
> Oh tyvm it worked like a charm, I now have pictures in my simmies thought
> bubbles as well as the pictures in their memories.
>
> I also noted that there is a bug in the game that the sims do not change
> into their work clothes when they go to work, I seem to have this one too
> :(  lol. Do you know of a way to fix this one too?
>
> tyvm :)
>
> --
> Isabeau :)
>
> ~*~ Credendo Vides ~*~
> 'by believing, one sees'
> "coats" <cathy@cathy-jones.NOSPAM.co.uk.PLEASE> wrote in message
> news:D 9s02m$ksm$1@odyssey.colin-jones.co.uk...
>>
>> "Isabeau" <isabeau13@comcast.net> wrote in message
>> news:o -WdnbO0ddOcHFzfRVn-pA@comcast.com...
>> > Hi all I have a big problem :(
>> >
>> > I created a new neighborhood and moved all my favorite Sims into it. I
>> > knew
>> > I would loose friends and family etc, but how come my Sims memories are
>> > now
>> > blank green and red squares. They don't have any pictures in their
>> > memories
>> > nor do they get any pictures with their new memories. Any way to fix
> this?
>> >
>> > tyvm,
>>
>> This worked for me. It also fixed the problem with the car pool not
> turning
>> up sometimes.
>>

> http://forums.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=50905&hi...
>> --
>> /|_|\ /|_|\
>>
>> Coats
>> I'm the man in this house so I always get the last word -"Yes, dear"

Anonymous
June 29, 2005 4:55:32 PM

Isabeau wrote:
> Oh tyvm it worked like a charm, I now have pictures in my simmies
> thought bubbles as well as the pictures in their memories.
>
> I also noted that there is a bug in the game that the sims do not
> change into their work clothes when they go to work, I seem to have
> this one too :(  lol. Do you know of a way to fix this one too?
>
> tyvm :)

Glad to help.

Haven't had this problem myself but there does seem to be a lot of this
happening but as yet no fix I can find. Maybe they will package a fix in
with Nightlife.
--
/|_|\ /|_|\

Coats
My wife told me I should be more affectionate, so I got two girlfriends.
June 29, 2005 5:14:31 PM

I followed the directions for the fix but the file in the object folder
would not change. I pasted
the object file I got off my CD but nothing happened, the
same file is still in there. So mine is not fixed, I went into the game
but still no changes, no memories.
What did I do wrong?? I followed the instructions step by step.

HELP........please!!!
Betty

"news" <nokiller_b13@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>I had the problem too with my Sims not changing for work or school at
>the same time I had the same problem with memories and thoughts not
>showing up. The fix at the MTS2 website fixed everything for me
>including the clothing issues and the memories issues.
>
> "Isabeau" <isabeau13@comcast.net> wrote in message
>> Oh tyvm it worked like a charm, I now have pictures in my simmies
>> thought
>> bubbles as well as the pictures in their memories.
>>
>> I also noted that there is a bug in the game that the sims do not
>> change
>> into their work clothes when they go to work, I seem to have this one
>> too
>> :(  lol. Do you know of a way to fix this one too?
>>
>> tyvm :)
>>
>> --
>> Isabeau :)
>>
>> ~*~ Credendo Vides ~*~
>> 'by believing, one sees'
>> "coats" <cathy@cathy-jones.NOSPAM.co.uk.PLEASE> wrote in message
>> news:D 9s02m$ksm$1@odyssey.colin-jones.co.uk...
>>>
>>> "Isabeau" <isabeau13@comcast.net> wrote in message
>>> news:o -WdnbO0ddOcHFzfRVn-pA@comcast.com...

>> this?

>>> This worked for me. It also fixed the problem with the car pool not
>> turning
>>> up sometimes.
>>>

>> http://forums.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=50905&hi...
>>> --
>>> /|_|\ /|_|\
>>>
>>> Coats
>>> I'm the man in this house so I always get the last word -"Yes, dear"

June 29, 2005 8:15:55 PM

LOL I know why it didn't work. I was trying to copy the file through
'explore' instead of opening up
the CD. HAHA at me!!! I haven't gone into the game yet but the correct
file is in place so now I will
go check it out. I am one who has to learn the hard way always!!!!
heehee

Betty

Anonymous
June 29, 2005 8:15:56 PM

Good luck Betty :)

--
Isabeau :)

~*~ Credendo Vides ~*~
'by believing, one sees'
> LOL I know why it didn't work. I was trying to copy the file through
> 'explore' instead of opening up
> the CD. HAHA at me!!! I haven't gone into the game yet but the correct
> file is in place so now I will
> go check it out. I am one who has to learn the hard way always!!!!
> heehee
>
> Betty
>
> "Betty" <eljbdj@alorva.com> wrote in message
> >I followed the directions for the fix but the file in the object folder
> >would not change. I pasted
> > the object file I got off my CD but nothing happened, the
> > same file is still in there. So mine is not fixed, I went into the
> > game but still no changes, no memories.
> > What did I do wrong?? I followed the instructions step by step.
> >
> > HELP........please!!!
> > Betty
> >
> > "news" <nokiller_b13@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> >>I had the problem too with my Sims not changing for work or school at
> >>the same time I had the same problem with memories and thoughts not
> >>showing up. The fix at the MTS2 website fixed everything for me
> >>including the clothing issues and the memories issues.
> >>
> >> "Isabeau" <isabeau13@comcast.net> wrote in message

http://forums.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=50905&hi...

June 29, 2005 10:18:43 PM

It worked!!! I'm so glad. :)

Betty

> Good luck Betty :)
>
> --
> Isabeau :)
>
> ~*~ Credendo Vides ~*~
> 'by believing, one sees'
Anonymous
June 30, 2005 1:18:06 PM

You could try getting the sim to go to a dresser and change for work. It
might prompt them back into the habit of changing for work when they leave.

Best wishes
Maxon

"Isabeau" <isabeau13@comcast.net> wrote in message
> Oh tyvm it worked like a charm, I now have pictures in my simmies thought
> bubbles as well as the pictures in their memories.
>
> I also noted that there is a bug in the game that the sims do not change
> into their work clothes when they go to work, I seem to have this one too
> :(  lol. Do you know of a way to fix this one too?
>
> tyvm :)
>
> --
> Isabeau :)
>
> ~*~ Credendo Vides ~*~
> 'by believing, one sees'
> "coats" <cathy@cathy-jones.NOSPAM.co.uk.PLEASE> wrote in message
> news:D 9s02m$ksm$1@odyssey.colin-jones.co.uk...
> >
> > "Isabeau" <isabeau13@comcast.net> wrote in message
> > news:o -WdnbO0ddOcHFzfRVn-pA@comcast.com...
> > > Hi all I have a big problem :(
> > >
> > > I created a new neighborhood and moved all my favorite Sims into it. I
> > > knew
> > > I would loose friends and family etc, but how come my Sims memories
are
> > > now
> > > blank green and red squares. They don't have any pictures in their
> > > memories
> > > nor do they get any pictures with their new memories. Any way to fix
> this?
> > >
> > > tyvm,
> >
> > This worked for me. It also fixed the problem with the car pool not
> turning
> > up sometimes.

http://forums.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=50905&hi...
> > --
> > /|_|\ /|_|\
> >
> > Coats
> > I'm the man in this house so I always get the last word -"Yes, dear"

Anonymous
June 30, 2005 1:22:41 PM

tyvm I'll try that :)

--
Isabeau :)

~*~ Credendo Vides ~*~
'by believing, one sees'
> You could try getting the sim to go to a dresser and change for work. It
> might prompt them back into the habit of changing for work when they
leave.

> Best wishes
> Maxon
>
> "Isabeau" <isabeau13@comcast.net> wrote in message
> > Oh tyvm it worked like a charm, I now have pictures in my simmies
thought
> > bubbles as well as the pictures in their memories.
> >
> > I also noted that there is a bug in the game that the sims do not change
> > into their work clothes when they go to work, I seem to have this one
too
> > :(  lol. Do you know of a way to fix this one too?
> >
> > tyvm :)
> >
> > --
> > Isabeau :)
> >
> > ~*~ Credendo Vides ~*~
> > 'by believing, one sees'
> > "coats" <cathy@cathy-jones.NOSPAM.co.uk.PLEASE> wrote in message
> > news:D 9s02m$ksm$1@odyssey.colin-jones.co.uk...
> > >
> > > "Isabeau" <isabeau13@comcast.net> wrote in message
> > > news:o -WdnbO0ddOcHFzfRVn-pA@comcast.com...

> are
> > this?

> > > This worked for me. It also fixed the problem with the car pool not
> > turning
> > > up sometimes.

http://forums.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=50905&hi...
> > > --
> > >
> > > Coats
> > > I'm the man in this house so I always get the last word -"Yes, dear"

July 2, 2005 1:10:31 PM

On Wed, 29 Jun 2005 18:18:43 -0500, "Betty" <eljbdj@alorva.com> wrote:

>It worked!!! I'm so glad. :)
>
>Betty

Now go back and mark that object file read only or it will soon become
corrupted again.

!