Building my First Pc and its for WoW

stinyweed

Distinguished
Jan 14, 2010
I'm building my first pc. I have done alot with pc's like changing motherboard out, video cards and Memory so i figured what the heck lets build one this year instead of buying one from best buy.

Here is what i plan on building
http://www.tigerdirect.com/sectors/wishlist/wishlist.asp?WishId=54D16638-A745-4523-8E6F-33091EE610F4&&SRCCODE=WEBWISH

Keep in Mind i just want to get the best Gameplay for World of Warcraft i can meaning really good FPS while raiding 25 mans.

I was wondering did i go too big on the Video card or powersupply?

Any tweaks or suggestions would be great THANK YOU in advance :p

stinyweed

Distinguished
Jan 14, 2010
No i didnt check newegg on prices i'm new to this :( i always buy stuff from Tigerdirect.com i'm just use to thier website but i will check newegg see if i can get prices from there.

I thought i went overkill on PSU i could get a 750 Ultra modulator for 129.99 so that will save me .

Another question is should i stick with amd quad or not because i heard u dont use all four cores when gaming is that true? maybe go with inter dual core or something?

I would stick to Corsair, Antec Earthwatts or OCZ units.

It's rare to see cheaper prices than Newegg, especially when looking at combos...

I do know that the HAF 922 is in a combo with the OCZ StealthXStream 700W for $130 after rebate on Newegg. It's a great case with a good PSU for very cheap.

I wouldn't get anything other than a quad or triple core (AMD only). The best gaming CPU right now is Intel's i5-750 because it can automatically overclock one core if the others aren't in use. It's also $200 by itself.

It'd help if you posted according to the guidelines I link to in my signature. The Budget is especially important.

TRENDING THREADS