Closed

Water Cooling Outside Case

I have an AZZA Hurrican 2000 (it has 8 fans and moves air like a hurricane, hence the name) I don't want to put a radiator in the case because I am getting great ambient temps, but I would like to overclock my i7 and my 660ti. Is there a way to have the reservoir, pump, and radiator outside the case, and just run tubes through the grommets on the back of the case? I have researched external water cooling units but they are $600 and used for extreme performance. I am just using it for a single loop, 1 CPU block and 1 GPU block (with 1 more in the future when i go SLI).
So...
Can I run just tubes in case, or is there a better solution. Thanks.
And also please recommend cool tubing and coolant.
5 answers Last reply
More about water cooling case
  1. Mount your radiator outside the case, but no real need to have the pump or anything else out there.

    If you have that great of airflow, having an internal mount radiator shouldn't make much difference.

    Quote:
    I have researched external water cooling units but they are $600 and used for extreme performance.


    Can you link some of these?
  2. rubix_1011 said:
    Mount your radiator outside the case, but no real need to have the pump or anything else out there.

    If you have that great of airflow, having an internal mount radiator shouldn't make much difference.

    Quote:
    I have researched external water cooling units but they are $600 and used for extreme performance.


    Can you link some of these?


    ya sure, the two at the top were 600+ but there were more below that were between 250 and 400, they looked way too serious, like mini computers themselves lol
    http://www.frozencpu.com/cat/l3/g30/c83/s138/list/p1/Liquid_Cooling-Water_Cooling_Kits_Cases-External_Water_Cooling_Kits-Page1.html
  3. Don't buy an external box, make your own :)
    much more fun
    http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/forum/274180-11-psycho-rider-radbox-project

    4Ryan6 also has an old Pc case as an external radbox so between Rubix, Ryan, myself and a couple of other W/c guys on here, we can help you design and build it,
    Moto
  4. ryanlaxman said:
    ya sure, the two at the top were 600+ but there were more below that were between 250 and 400, they looked way too serious, like mini computers themselves lol
    http://www.frozencpu.com/cat/l3/g30/c83/s138/list/p1/Liquid_Cooling-Water_Cooling_Kits_Cases-External_Water_Cooling_Kits-Page1.html


    They are just prebuilt configurations, you can do the same thing or better for less money if you wanted to watercool. Nothing makes them more 'extreme' than something you could select and build yourself.
  5. yes,you can even make a better external radiator box...
    alternatively you can use a shroud to mount the rad outside the case...koolance sells some awesome one's!
Ask a new question

Read More

Water Cooling Cases Overclocking